• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD FS Isaac Haines .54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 36911

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This gun was built quite a few years ago with a Dunlap kit. A nice maple stock with good curl. No scratches. The barrel is a Rice 38" swamped .54. It looks like it was left in the white when built and has a nice patina now. It's possible it was lightly browned that has worn off. At any rate I like the look. Used but not abused. The lock is a large Siler and sparks better than any lock i've owned before. I've never had a flash in the pan or slow ignition. It also has a Jim Chambers White Lightning vent liner. Which helps with the fast ignition. It is very accurate with 80gr of Goex 3F in pan and main charge. I'll include a heavy horse blanket gun case and one dozen Tom Fuller English flints. It weighs 7 lbs 11 oz and with the swamped barrel is very comfortable to shoot offhand. The balance point is far back and doesn't feel like it has a 38" barrel. Not heavy barrel feeling at all. Overall a great hunting-shooting gun.

$900 and i'll split shipping charges with you. I have a wooden box to ship it. If you're close to me and can pick it up I'll throw in 5lbs of Goex 3F.

Sorry for the lousy pictures. They were sent to me and I don't have a camera to take more. The left picture shows the true color of the stock.. It's darker. The other picture looks lighter because of the lighting.

Attachments

• 20200414-111336.jpg
    20200414-111336.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 194
  • full-lock-side.jpg
    full-lock-side.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 187
Sounds like a nice gun, but I suspect you’ll do better if you can find a way to get some good pics up. Just my .02 cents. I’m not currently in the market for a new gun, but at $900, I’d want to see it first.

I didn't think it would last long. The buyer may pick it up which means I can give him the powder. Good for both of us. I hate shipping guns. I worry they'll get lost or broken.

That was a good deal for you both,especially the buyer! I hear you about shipping,hope this virus gets done sooner than later. Bought a Knife online, took me 21 days to get it.This stuff is just sitting around in shipping terminals waiting to get damaged!

I agree. I just sent an expensive fly rod by UPS and it got lost. It's not waiting anywhere. UPS said it's gone. The buyer is pulling his hair out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back