• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Frying venison & the game warden,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The game wardens I grew up with were good folks like most , in our part of the country. I had relatives working for the game comm. , also. At the local sportsmen club meetings , back in the 1950's , 30 guys would show up. While the meetings went on , I would be down stairs using the indoor small bore range , and the local young , X-U. S. Marine , Game Warden would be training me in the "Marine way" , how to shoot my Dad's S+W revolver. Only way I could repay him was to try to be a credit to him in my life. ............oldwood

The game wardens I grew up with were good folks like most , in our part of the country. I had relatives working for the game comm. , also. At the local sportsmen club meetings , back in the 1950's , 30 guys would show up. While the meetings went on , I would be down stairs using the indoor small bore range , and the local young , X-U. S. Marine , Game Warden would be training me in the "Marine way" , how to shoot my Dad's S+W revolver. Only way I could repay him was to try to be a credit to him in my life. ............oldwood
As I have been reminded several times by hunting buddies and co-workers, unless he was court-martialed and kicked out, he is not an x-marine. He is a FORMER Marine.

True story,,,,,,

Many years ago I was a LEO. We had got a new game warden for our county, name was Jeff. Now Jeff was
very religious, he stopped by the PD one day just to shoot the bull. We got to talking about deer camps &
cooking over a camp fire. I told him I had found the perfect way to cook venison, how's that he asked ?
Well I said, you get the skillet greased and good and hot. Then put the meat on and open a beer, when it's
empty turn the meat and open another beer, when that ones empty the meat is done just right. Why one
time I fried so much meat I damn near fell in the fire. ;)

He was not amused.
Sounds like a great recipe, gonna have to try it!

You folks might have all this nomenclature a bit skewed. 'Bout 30 years ago , our state game commission , as it was called, evolved into a bloated . self centered , bureaucracy , that began turning on the very people that funded it , .......hunters ! They brought truck loads of out of state coyotes in to kill off the deer herd, Tried to plant mtn. lions in the woods , stocked Pine martins state wide , to kill off the "big woods" small game populations , and kept bear populations on the rise to further damage deer fawn numbers. Then , the commission "BLAMED" hunters for the current problems generated by the commission's own insanity. The current commission is now called , the " STATE BLAME Commission". Their goal is to get rid of hunting with firearms. Ya gotta love it.......Put enough predators in the woods to kill off game populations , and claim the need to do it as , "scientific management " . The result of all this , "scientific management " , is the need for more hunting license funding. Again , "BLAMING" hunters for complaining about fee increases. Does all this sound familiar ?????
Do you also live in Pennsylvania?

Beto O 'Dork does not stand a chance--in Texas you do not threaten to take a
cowboy's guns!
Maybe in the past. Now you have all those west coast transplants. Isn't going to be cowboy Texas much longer. May have to give it back to Mexico if this keeps up! ( just kidding about the give back )

You folks might have all this nomenclature a bit skewed. 'Bout 30 years ago , our state game commission , as it was called, evolved into a bloated . self centered , bureaucracy , that began turning on the very people that funded it , .......hunters ! They brought truck loads of out of state coyotes in to kill off the deer herd, Tried to plant mtn. lions in the woods , stocked Pine martins state wide , to kill off the "big woods" small game populations , and kept bear populations on the rise to further damage deer fawn numbers. Then , the commission "BLAMED" hunters for the current problems generated by the commission's own insanity. The current commission is now called , the " STATE BLAME Commission". Their goal is to get rid of hunting with firearms. Ya gotta love it.......Put enough predators in the woods to kill off game populations , and claim the need to do it as , "scientific management " . The result of all this , "scientific management " , is the need for more hunting license funding. Again , "BLAMING" hunters for complaining about fee increases. Does all this sound familiar ?????
Have you ever seen anything that the government tried to change that came out well?

Sounds like Ny to
Me

Back