• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frustrated with flintlocks? You don't need to be!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This video will help many of the newbies out there, and even some of us who think we have a handle on flintlock shooting. I have learned a ton of what this man is saying just by shooting flintlocks and living to 78 years old. He spills a ton of good info out in this video. I don't necessarily agree with his explanation of "The secrets they don't want you to know" for one reason, he didn't proove it. His video is spot on with defining what makes, and, or don't make a flintlock reliable.
Larry

Interesting! Will check out. Also look up the book from the NMLRA, Eric Bye's "Flintlocks: A Guide To Their Use and Appreciation. Lots of useful tips and info.

IMHO..Eric Bye's book is a good reference for anyone making the leap into flintlock shooting. I'm with Bushfire...I don't open "Clickbait" videos. As far as flintlock shooting...I've never encountered an experienced shooter that held secrets they "didn't want you to know". There used to be a "Sticky" thread on this forum of Tips for flintlock shooting that held a lot of good information. Can't find it at the moment.

Latest posts

Back