Frontiersman

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
My maternal grandfather was half Blackfoot, but I have never studied the language. I am about 1/4 conversant in Creek, having lived in a small town in Creek Nation for about 10 years.
As a wetlands and wildlife biologist for many years, I did develop great still hunting skills, and have walked up on all manner of wild beasts. Being slow and quiet, I've introduced myself to bobcats, foxes, feral hogs, black bears, and a jaguar in western Brazil. and many, many snakes! Never came to any harm from them. Also have walked up on quite a few deer - as close as 20' before I'd clear my throat and startle them away. Closest shot deer hunting was 15 yards.

Reaction score
Ive known RR for more than 5 years. Never have met the man in person but we have always had fun online back and forth. The man just amazes me at how good he is with any gun. I poked at him for quite a while before he got his caplock then pushed on him for a flintlock. I new once he did the flintlock the persona dress code would follow. You’ve come along way baby. 😀
RR's shooting has inspired me to attempt to get better. his members only shooting is what i aspire to. i waited to see his targets with anticipation after he got the flintlock. his first targets were better than my last! and i have been practicing for 60 years!

Reaction score
Awesome outfit. I just retired and thinkinking of moving to a less crowded or at least a more conservative state. Hoping I can find the time and materials to make buckskin.
It sounds like you are enjoying life, good for you.
Thanks for the post and picture. You are an inspiration.
Keep your powder dry
It's tough to get away from all the crap going on nowadays no matter where you hang your hat. But I did myself a favor a few years ago and stopped watching or listening to "news". Might make my persona a little more authentic & primitive, but it definitely makes me more at peace with my surroundings. :) Strongly recommend it.

Reaction score
It's tough to get away from all the crap going on nowadays no matter where you hang your hat. But I did myself a favor a few years ago and stopped watching or listening to "news". Might make my persona a little more authentic & primitive, but it definitely makes me more at peace with my surroundings. :) Strongly recommend it.
I find many things about science, archeology, history, etc. within the news. One just has to filter out what to ignore! :)

Reaction score
I have been slowly developing my own persona as some sort of a frontier character who exists in the foothills of the Rockies, a mountain man type who is equally at home on the plains. Did not adopt a Hawken but kept to his long rifle. Still wears skins most of the time.

I am actually studying Niitsii’powahsini (Blackfoot language) and trying to make an effort to connect to that Alberta/Montana part of history. Won’t likely ever be fluent but may know enough to dazzle the kids in the neighborhood one day. Anyhow here is my throwback to the early 1800’s.
View attachment 155882
May I join you somewhere on the North Platte ... welcome to 1827. Dale

Latest posts