• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

From the mountains of Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like they're plenty of grey squirrels but hardly any fox squirrels ..I remember when I was a boy hunting here in KY there used to be plenty of the fox ones and seldom saw many greys ..Both are great on a Sunday morning fried up with some gravy some fried taters some grits and some good ole scrambled eggs...Man I miss those Sundays and my momma's cooking..

Seems like they're plenty of grey squirrels but hardly any fox squirrels ..I remember when I was a boy hunting here in KY there used to be plenty of the fox ones and seldom saw many greys ..Both are great on a Sunday morning fried up with some gravy some fried taters some grits and some good ole scrambled eggs...Man I miss those Sundays and my momma's cooking..

About the only place there's any fox squirrels here is around large field edges and/or corn field edges. There are a few very close to where I was hunting but it was along the field edges where I dive in. I also saw what I am certain was one that was a crossed breed between a fox squirrel and a gray squirrel. I got a good look at this one and I am positive it was a cross between the two. Fox Squirrels is all we had where I grew up and personally, I don't really care for them that much myself. I know a lot of people do, however.

And yes indeed, nuttin like Mommas cooking. Try has I have many times now, I still cannot cook a rabbit like my momma can.

EDIT: This was intended to go in the general forum.

Well fellas, the later it gets in the year the harder it is to get a shot at those bushy tails. Only one to show for this morning.
56BEE8E0-A88A-4CFB-AC99-F455204C8FA6.jpeg

Last edited:
About the only place there's any fox squirrels here is around large field edges and/or corn field edges. There are a few very close to where I was hunting but it was along the field edges where I dive in. I also saw what I am certain was one that was a crossed breed between a fox squirrel and a gray squirrel. I got a good look at this one and I am positive it was a cross between the two. Fox Squirrels is all we had where I grew up and personally, I don't really care for them that much myself. I know a lot of people do, however.

And yes indeed, nuttin like Mommas cooking. Try has I have many times now, I still cannot cook a rabbit like my momma can.
Yea mom sure could cook those rabbits so could my ole grand ma and boy they both could make some great gravy especially that red eye gravy.and talk about those home made biscuits...oh boy...đź‘Ť

Back