From Poland,Europe

Discussion in 'Great Britain & Europe' started by Andy88, Jul 18, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

Tags:
  1. Jul 18, 2019 #1

Andy88

Andy88

Andy88

Pilgrim

Hi my name is Andrzej i am from Poland, Europe.I am sports shooting for about half year with my Remington 1858 new army 8" barrel its absolutely awesome experience,i even met a guys that use black powder and learned from them some skills.And now i am looking for like they say best experience in black powder shooting it means Carabine.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2019
  2. Jul 18, 2019 #2

hawkeye2

hawkeye2

hawkeye2

58 Cal.

Dzien dobry Andrzej, welcome to the forum. Where in Poland do you live? We have a condo in Warsaw and a summer house about 25 kilometers east of there. We spent almost 2 months there last year but it looks like I won't be able to get away this summer. It's a very nice country filled with really wonderful people.

It sounds like you are interested in firearms from the American Civil War era. My wife and I both shoot in the North-South Skirmish Association and live about 12 miles from their national range. Good luck with your quest for a Gallager carbine.

3. Jul 18, 2019 #3

NW Territory Woodsman

NW Territory Woodsman

NW Territory Woodsman

40 Cal

Welcome from northeast Ohio. That Remington 1858 sure does look like a nice firearm, just watch out for chain fires which can happen with any black powder revolver. Have fun!
    NW Territory Woodsman

4. Jul 22, 2019 #4

cositrike

cositrike

cositrike

40 Cal.

Welcome from England

5. Jul 22, 2019 #5

Eutycus

Eutycus

Eutycus

54 Cal.

Howdy + Welcome from Texas. My great great grandfather was in the 3rd Texas Infantry during the Civil War. That guy on my avatar was his Lt. Col. August Buchel who was born in Prussia. Oh by the way grandpa was born in Poland.