• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Friendship IN 2022

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loja man

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Good morning,
Since I couldn’t sleep last night I spent some time looking into Friendship IN spring event. I have never gone before. That said it is only about 3 hours from where I live so thinking of going this year! I would really like to handle some English Fowlers, English trade guns and Carolina type G trade guns. That is where I’m leaning for my next build. Never having handled one I would like to before investing that much money.
Here’s my question to you that go:
1: as a first time visitor would you plan on taking your gun to shot?
2: I know thier are matches and one must be a member to compete. I am not a member. So is all the shooting for member only?
3: can you drive up for the day and see it all? Or is it better to camp for a night?
4: Are they pretty family friendly? My 13 and 11 year old sons might read me the riot act if I went without them! If they came could they shot?
5: because I’ve not seen it so far do any of you know what the exact dates are this year?

Thanks all

7AD58A59-6056-4ADF-966D-374D49E07421.jpeg

I’ll bet it rains….

4161EAE9-B32A-4E87-BFB2-6C5CF2F69DFB.jpeg

There’s a lot too see and do… 1 day probably is not enough time…
Check out the NMLRA web site for additional details..👍

6: are the weekends more crazy than the week days? Or are they pretty evenly packed?

1. I would go to see what it is like and leave gun at home.
2. Members only for shooting.
3. Traders Row can be seen in a day. Camping is primitive.
4. Children are welcome.
5. June10 to18. Most of the Traders will be gone by Tuesday.
6. First weekend is busy and starting on Monday there are less
and less folks.

Good morning,
Since I couldn’t sleep last night I spent some time looking into Friendship IN spring event. I have never gone before. That said it is only about 3 hours from where I live so thinking of going this year! I would really like to handle some English Fowlers, English trade guns and Carolina type G trade guns. That is where I’m leaning for my next build. Never having handled one I would like to before investing that much money.
Here’s my question to you that go:
1: as a first time visitor would you plan on taking your gun to shot?
2: I know thier are matches and one must be a member to compete. I am not a member. So is all the shooting for member only?
3: can you drive up for the day and see it all? Or is it better to camp for a night?
4: Are they pretty family friendly? My 13 and 11 year old sons might read me the riot act if I went without them! If they came could they shot?
5: because I’ve not seen it so far do any of you know what the exact dates are this year?

Thanks all
Check out the NMLRA website The Walter Cline Range, Friendship, Indiana — The NMLRA
You have to be a member to shoot. You also have to be a registered shooter. The people are friendly. I used to go for 1 day just to shop. Now I go for 9 days to shoot, shop, and camp. There is plenty to see and do. One day is not enough to see it all. A shoot program will be published before the spring shoot. Look for the type of match you want to shoot in. June dates are: June 11 thru 19, 2022. Go for a day or more if you can. Have fun.

There is a cafeteria which serves breakfast, lunch and supper.

Muzzle Blast lists the date as 10 Jun.

6: are the weekends more crazy than the week days? Or are they pretty evenly packed?
If you are going for 1 day the first weekend is the best. Some vendors do not stay all week. Most of the people that stay all week are shooting in the matches. Saturday and Sunday the traffic gets backed up. Get there early and stay late.

I have time to decide if I want to shoot…. Will probably go up Friday afternoon and stay throught Sunday afternoon. That way I can capitalize on the venders. I might even dig out my A frame tent and fly for camping!! The boys would like that!
If I have sufficient funds I may look to buy a Fowler of some kind. Cash flow from my knife making is my spending money. So we’ll see how many blades I can sell before then. I would like a kit. I have been going back and forth between a one of Chambers Fowler or a Caywood trade gun. As I mentioned in the first post I’ve not been able to handle any of these flint locks before. So I hope to see what fits and feels nice. I’m concerned about the looooong barrels!:)

I went to shoot the Woodswalk last year. It was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed watching some of the competition shooting. Definitely check out the primitive area, lots of vendors there as well as in vendors row.

one thing I was not prepared for was the traffic jam getting into the camping area!

Last edited:
I have time to decide if I want to shoot…. Will probably go up Friday afternoon and stay throught Sunday afternoon. That way I can capitalize on the venders. I might even dig out my A frame tent and fly for camping!! The boys would like that!
If I have sufficient funds I may look to buy a Fowler of some kind. Cash flow from my knife making is my spending money. So we’ll see how many blades I can sell before then. I would like a kit. I have been going back and forth between a one of Chambers Fowler or a Caywood trade gun. As I mentioned in the first post I’ve not been able to handle any of these flint locks before. So I hope to see what fits and feels nice. I’m concerned about the looooong barrels!:)

The long barrels and the long gun if build right they are very balanced. You can join Saturday of the show. Then you can shoot your gun or someone’s gun if they don’t know .

I went to shoot the Woodswalk last year. It was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed watching some of the competition shooting. Definitely check out the primitive area, lots of vendors there as well as in vendors row.

one thing I was not prepared for was the traffic jam getting into the camping area!
What day did you go?

The long barrels and the long gun if build right they are very balanced. You can join Saturday of the show. Then you can shoot your gun or someone’s gun if they don’t know .
That’s what I keep hearing, that they balance well. The longest I have shot today is May 36 inch barrel .32 cal Pedersoli Kentucky.

To your questions:
1) I think you should take shooting stuff if you have room - you & (boys) may regret.
2) yes, you must be a member to shoot and be a registered shooter. But, you as a member ($35) - your boys can register for $1 and most youth matches are $1.
3) Camp on-site. Call the office to get a spot.
4) yes, you and kids will be offered many opportunities to shoot…
5) Starts every 2nd FULL weekend in June & September. June 11, September 10 in 2022.

Depending on your location to St. Louis - think about a great learning opportunity weekend with the boys at the HawkenClassic. April 29-May1, 2022.

Bring your guns and shoot the woods walk. Low key and no pressure.

Bring the childern, spend more then one day and enjoy yourself.

Fleener

To your questions:
1) I think you should take shooting stuff if you have room - you & (boys) may regret.
2) yes, you must be a member to shoot and be a registered shooter. But, you as a member ($35) - your boys can register for $1 and most youth matches are $1.
3) Camp on-site. Call the office to get a spot.
4) yes, you and kids will be offered many opportunities to shoot…
5) Starts every 2nd FULL weekend in June & September. June 11, September 10 in 2022.

Depending on your location to St. Louis - think about a great learning opportunity weekend with the boys at the HawkenClassic. April 29-May1, 2022.
We are about six hours from St. Louis. Did they do the Hawken classic there every year?

Latest posts

Back