• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fried Quoits!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doughnuts are raised with yeast, the dough is barely sweet and they are fried. I nearly puke every time I see a sign that advertises "Fresh Baked Doughnuts."

Worry Not !! :D
For although many advertisements and signs say "baked", even at the stores themselves, I have very recently been to a Krispy Kreame donut, factory shop, AND they are indeed still fried.
You can get an AP that tells you when they are "hot" at the local store, and this AP is advertised, telling they are ready "fresh out of the oven". Hence the confusion. I looked at several articles about Krispy Kremes, and they all used the word "oven".
I think it's simply to play down the fact that a proper donut is a "fried food"....well actually a "proper" donut is fried in lard. (The same is true for canolli shells.)

They are playing down the "trans fats", old boy. ;)

OH and copies of original McDonald's fries should be fried in tallow, not canola oil....but I digress.

LD

We have no Krispy Kreme shops here. We do have Maple Donuts, which has about 20 locations. I met the owner, who is a fantastically funny guy. One of the big highlights of camping, whether rendezvous or otherwise was making fried biscuit doughnuts. Sometimes we actually started dough raising the night before to make real doughnuts.

Latest posts

Back