• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

french or english flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MONTY PYTHON.JPG

Some time ago La Loop posted ledger entry on French issues in Canada. They issued one flint for every sixteen to twenty shots.

Mostly If I use those flints, (the French blonds/amber) they are during goods around the time of two series (MLAIC) of ~28 shots with some edge re-sharpening, and normally, one or two series more with Englishes black stones, this can be important during the 30 minutes of a game...

Oh you are a poet Lovely words you write I think you are French but you might be English.......Weloington was the first to bring management into his regiments, properly fed and housed , I think that's why he won.....the film on the subject was magnificent...I think Napolian was proud of his men......the EU had become a mess that's why we left but my sons 46&49 were furious they consider themselves to be European , Stephens in his third long term girlfriend and David married a slovack lady Ps. I practice archery with USA Hoyt bows

As regards English flints if you wish I'll gets some chippings you can fiddle around with and make some good flints , postage won't be much Use my email [email protected] Your replies are very much appreciated regards Gordon

Mother always said " you ain't ever going to be a rocket scientist son"......so I took up muzzleloading!🙂
Two rocket engineers with a missile on a table explaining how it works to two brain surgeons.
One says ‘this is simple, Ato B toC. Come on it ain’t like shooting a flintlock guys.’

I use both .. Black English and French amber. The black English last longer and give a great spark. The French amber seem to spark better but tend to be more brittle and I don't get but about 2/3 of the life from them.

This thread is pretty long now so I don't know if I missed it but can someone recommend a good source (affordable in small order, not bulk) for English and/or French Amber flints? I go through flints quite often with reenactments and shoots at my club.

This thread is pretty long now so I don't know if I missed it but can someone recommend a good source (affordable in small order, not bulk) for English and/or French Amber flints? I go through flints quite often with reenactments and shoots at my club.

I can only tell you how I supply myself...,

I go to the Fort Frederick Market Faire, and pick them out. I go with a fistfull of dollars, as they are not cheap, and I buy a bunch. They don't go bad over time, so might as well stock up as the price is only going to go up.

Some folks are forced to buy online, and I think that if it's at all possible, pick them out yourself.

LD

For French: Heritage Products in St. Louis, MO

For Black English: www.mytradinghall.com

they came up with excuses , like I might shoot intruders, flintlocks on the wall, my three 12b shotguns chopped up, however the pcp pump up air rifles are ok, but bow hunting in uk was banned in 1965, cool and overcast today, had very heavy rain, This week one pigeon and two squirrels in the bag one at 59 yards others at 30 , got a long garden Ha ha
[/QUOTE]
I like your PCP.

Latest posts

Back