• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

French Dragoon Pistol Ordered!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet... I called Muzzleloader Builder's Supply and talked with Ryan. I have been thinking it over and I decided to place an order for a so-very-cool French Dragoon Cavalry Pistol kit :)
I have always loved the look of the flintlock dragoon pommel pistols, and this kit looks like it is something I could handle. I most probably will be reaching out to some of our very experienced and helpful builders here for guidance.
The kit will ship out next week. The pistol is of Black Walnut with brass mountings. It will be .62 Caliber with a long 15.5" barrel (wow!) which transitions from octagon to round with no band. Ryan will solder a small sterling silver front sight on it for me.
I am really excited~ and looking forward to sharing some images and updates soon!
(The pic below is from their website of an original French Dragoon pistol)
34200.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I bit the bullet... I called Muzzleloader Builder's Supply and talked with Ryan. I have been thinking it over and I decided to place an order for a so-very-cool French Dragoon Cavalry Pistol kit

Nice piece, not really designed for target shooting (nobody would think it in fact) and more for a pair..... Wahoo !:D
You're a lucky guy, just have to build the kits and make the coffer now... ;)
Excuse my curiosity, Is it expensive in the USA ? In Absurdistant just thinking about to get it is very expensive, to think about to buy it is simply a crazy dream....

Nice piece, not really designed for target shooting (nobody would think it in fact) and more for a pair..... Wahoo !:D
You're a lucky guy, just have to build the kits and make the coffer now... ;)
Excuse my curiosity, Is it expensive in the USA ? In Absurdistant just thinking about to get it is very expensive, to think about to buy it is simply a crazy dream....
Yes, It's not a target pistol, though with a 15.5" barrel it would sure look the part. The standard French Dragoon kit is about $700+ . This one is a bit more (a bit over $800)

Latest posts

Back