• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Freezer, from SW Pa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freezer

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm happy to have a need for a ML website! Pa has a deer season for traditional muzzle loaders, and I want to hunt it next year. I wanted to this year, but my project won't be done in time. I have been a firearms' enthusiast all my like and love to tinker with and restore them. A little over a year ago, a co-worker said he bought a ML kit for $100, but didn't have the skills to put it together. He's a good broke butt with a family who wanted to extend his hunting season, so I told him bring it in, and I'd build it for him. I was thinking CVA or Traditions. Oh no, It was a Thompson Center Hawken. It took almost 80 hours to build, and I liked it so much I decided to build a scalping knife to match it. I found a leather scabbard and gave him a leather jacket and that I've had since the 70s.

IMG_20221009_091242725_HDR.jpg

About a month ago he brought the other kit, handed it to me and said, "Thank you, you can have this one". It's a CVA Kentucky rifle kit with missing pieces. So I'll be here to tap the infinite wisdom of the members here, to share my project and learn the fine art of shooting a muzzle-loader. I've never own or even shot one!

Attachments

• 20220402_134039.jpg
    20220402_134039.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220404_132454.jpg
    20220404_132454.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220413_145550.jpg
    20220413_145550.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 0
Back