• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Free moose hide

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a frozen moose hide (legal cow ) given to me by a friend a number of years ago. The hide was salted and frozen. The friend did not have freezer space so I was given the hide and it has been in my freezer since.

I need to defrost the freezer and do not have time to deal with tanning the hide. I do not know condition of hide and did not help in the skinning process, but it has been salted and never been unfrozen.

The offer is for free , You pick up. Location is south western Vermont. Will have to coordinate pickup with my cleaning out the freezer. I would like to get this done within a month as I have a huge vegetable garden and will need to freeze produce soon.

PM me with contact information (email or phone #)if you are interested. At times I am not online for days, be patient waiting for a response.

Somebody needs to jump on this. I live in Florida, which is just a little too far to drive. Hides are too valuable to waste, and a moose hide ought to be heavy enough to make some old-time parfleche, perfect for knife sheaths and that sort of thing.

I hope somebody takes you up on your offer, Mad Professor! It is generous!

Notchy Bob

I have a frozen moose hide (legal cow ) given to me by a friend a number of years ago. The hide was salted and frozen. The friend did not have freezer space so I was given the hide and it has been in my freezer since.

I need to defrost the freezer and do not have time to deal with tanning the hide. I do not know condition of hide and did not help in the skinning process, but it has been salted and never been unfrozen.

The offer is for free , You pick up. Location is south western Vermont. Will have to coordinate pickup with my cleaning out the freezer. I would like to get this done within a month as I have a huge vegetable garden and will need to freeze produce soon.

PM me with contact information (email or phone #)if you are interested. At times I am not online for days, be patient waiting for a response.
I would be interested in your moose hide will give my contact info/Thanks Ed

Hmmmm....
Essentially I was just asking what the cut off date is before this hide gets thrown out if no one claims it.

I need room in the freezer as soon as produce starts coming in. I have orchards, berries, HUGE vegetable garden. Venison in the fall.

I need to defrost freezer and toss old stuff to make room. Probably a few weeks?

Where in Ct are you? I have a place in Lenox Ma if that would make pickup easier, could transport there in a cooler.

I'll post again if I don't hear from anybody who wants it, a few days before I defrost the freezer (that date is flexible if someone wants the hide).

I'm trying to find a place I can have it tanned. As I said earlier, I don't have time or resources to do it myself. I certainly don't have a place to do it.

I know Lenox. Used to pass through there a lot on my way to see family in Lee. Have a friend with a place on a pond there too.

I know at least one tannery that will accept it as is. Turn around is a year or more. Work they have done for me, all whitetail hides, has been excellent. I don’t know the forums rules on posting names but I will respond to pm’s

Latest posts

Back