Free barrel offer and proposal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

cebusey

36 Cl.
Reaction score
dating yourself chorizo!
looking forward to the results.
and best wishes on the upcoming surgery! my wife is bionic. 1hip and both knees . i am too chicken.
If you can get physical therapy after surgery by all means do it! It speeds recovery and my better half is now able to walk without a cane. I mention this because PT is not always offered and often has to be requested! God be with you and speed your recovery!

Reaction score
If you can get physical therapy after surgery by all means do it! It speeds recovery and my better half is now able to walk without a cane. I mention this because PT is not always offered and often has to be requested! God be with you and speed your recovery!
I have a full gym setup at the house, very physically active and other than worn out joints, I am in pretty good shape for an old fart. I have been told by Docs that my surgery is straight forward and an easy one because I didn't wait too long. Good friend's son is a physical therapist and owns several offices here in the area. He came over and set me up with what I need and walked me through the exercises and movements yesterday afternoon.

Right after Christmas when I get the go ahead on 22 Dec, post-op (hopefully), he is coming over and giving me a session to ensure that I am doing things correctly.

Great recommendation on therapy, I am blessed with the assets, space and friends that I can "self-help" on this one.

As is my motto: Expect to self rescue. No one is coming.

I look forward to getting this done. Timing couldn't be better and this will greatly improve my ability to get and stay in the woods for at least a decade or two longer, si Dios quiere.

Again, thanks to all of you for the well wishes. I am not going away anytime soon and if others have different plans, they are going to have to say, "He was one tough old SOB to kill."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please let me know if you need help with this. I have high pressure grease guns in my shop, they are capable of reaching 400 BAR. That works out to 5880 PSI, guaranteed something is going to move.
Good luck and good luck with the surgery.
@Bnewberry

Based upon my experience, he should be able to hand pump it out, but if not, an excellent option. Thanks.

My goal is to replicate a long time, firmly stuck projectile in a neglected bore that normal methods of removal do not work and hopefully show with @Bnewberry help and hard work that a simple set of commonly available hand tools can be used to extract it.

@Idaho Ron is also doing it on another barrel and documenting, so I went with an extreme case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good luck for you surgery! My wife who is 71 had her left hip replaced last june dropped her off at 6 am picked her back up at 4:30 pm same day. She ate 3 OxyContin in the first night and second day none after. Pys therapy for week at home. Walking no problem, no more pain. 3rd week went back to work at the tourist trap she works for.

As for the barrel the grease used to get it out is worth more than that tomato stake. No offense that is a great test gonna make believers.

Reaction score
Good luck for you surgery! My wife who is 71 had her left hip replaced last june dropped her off at 6 am picked her back up at 4:30 pm same day. She ate 3 OxyContin in the first night and second day none after. Pys therapy for week at home. Walking no problem, no more pain. 3rd week went back to work at the tourist trap she works for.

As for the barrel the grease used to get it out is worth more than that tomato stake. No offense that is a great test gonna make believers.
No offense taken. Clearly the barrel had no redeeming value other than for this experiment.

I graciously accepted it from a friend who thought he was giving me a treasure.......

I am not concerned about the surgery...it is going to go well and timing couldn't be better. Be chasing elk next fall, riding my bike this next summer.

gunnyr

40 Cal
Reaction score
My surgery has been moved up to the 5th, even earlier than before, which was a move forward as it was, so I will be down for a couple of days, but bnewberry should have it nlt next week early.
At last I found something useful for the barrel. When he posts the video, you will see what a mess it is. The pitting was so bad, that I had to get a steel rod to hammer the bullet in as I was afraid I was going to break my range rod. It simply would not budge after inserting. By the time it gets to him, after adding bleach to the bore, it should have a excellent set of new corrosion on top of the severe pitting.

I don't think you would find something so intentionally stuck as this will be.
Chorizo , I have had both hips replaced and working on my hands now pending heart Dr's
approval, for carpel tunnel. You will be surprised at how well you will be able to get around.
Feel like a youngster again. I see more shooting in your future. I offer best wishes and a
speedy recovery.
gunny