• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frankenstein's Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was me I would re-breech the barrel, or have it re-breeched. Your method of filling that hole with a screw bedded in epoxy made me cringe. The stock quite frankly looks pretty poorly done, it would be better to start with new wood and see what you can do with it. Even better, sell the parts and use the money for a down payment on one of the Kibler kits. Just my thoughts.

I love just working on projects like that, whether or not they work out - excellent practice for a quality kit build.

You've done well (trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear) with what you have, pilgrim..... :thumb:

I replaced the mainspring with a small Siler spring. Now it's time to button it back up and see what we have.

IT'S ALIVE>>>>>>>

I've got much better spark than I did before. It's too late in the day to make her go boom. By the time I get tot he range it'll be dark out.

Well, she isn't going to win any beauty contests. But, here's a few pics.

Small Siler mainspring. I had to drill a new hole in the lock plate to accept the spur. I also had to drill a small notch in the bolster to accept the spring spur.

Attachments

• IMG_1093[1].JPG
    IMG_1093[1].JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1092[1].JPG
    IMG_1092[1].JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 44
Just in case there wasn't already a lot of wood removed before I bought it, I had to do quite a bit of inletting to get the spring to seat. The original spring was much, much thinner than the replacement.

Back