• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Franken-Bubba’s Johnny Cashed carbine.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shade tree mechanic, or gunsmith, is an adept student. He learns as he goes. Every year he knows more and more.
My cousin Hughes was a good shade tree mechanic in SW Virginia. It was not long after he moved to Philadelphia that he became the main troubleshooter for Bradford White's commercial and industrial applications.

I live in the hills of southwest Virginia in the bottleneck 'tween WVA & NC and my uncle, brother and a couple cousins were all awesome 'shade tree mechanics' in the truest sense of the word as most of their work was in the shade of the old apple tree in Granny & Grampaw's yard which was used numerous times to pull & re-install engines & trnsmissions etc. LOL

Last edited:
I live in the hills of southwest Virginia in the bottleneck 'tween WVA & NC and my uncle, brother and a couple cousins were all awesome 'shade tree mechanics' in the truest sense of the word as most of their work was in the shade of the old apple tree in Granny & Grampaw's yard which was used numerous times to pull & re-install engines & trnsmissions etc. LOL
Mom was a Crabtree from Rich Valley over the mountain from Marion. I was a kid in the early 50's when Granny's farm first got electricity. The aunts and uncles bought her a TV and danced to the music on the local commercials. Cooking and heating were wood. Plumbing was out back yonder. Farm was five miles up a dirt holler from the two lane. Four other dirt farms on the holler, two of them family. Good times.
Precious memories.

Mom was a Crabtree from Rich Valley over the mountain from Marion. I was a kid in the early 50's when Granny's farm first got electricity. The aunts and uncles bought her a TV and danced to the music on the local commercials. Cooking and heating were wood. Plumbing was out back yonder. Farm was five miles up a dirt holler from the two lane. Four other dirt farms on the holler, two of them family. Good times.
Precious memories.

I’m a couple counties up l-81 from there.

Back