• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Kibler did a video quite a while ago now which as I recall seemed to suggest that his fowler would be along ghe lines of a trade gun. But, that was a while ago. I am confident that whatever it is, it will be great!

i talked to Kathren about a week ago and she said they were 75% complete. it will be about 2 months she said before they will take orders,,,,,,,,,,,,
Jim Kibler posted this to another forum on 1/9:
" Yes, we are working on another rifle offering. This is based to some degree on the original commonly referred to as the "Woodsrunner" rifle. It should make for a fantastic handling rifle. This project is about 75% complete. The fowling piece will follow. It is about 25% complete. Devoting time for developing new designs has been a challenge for us, so this past year we have been fortunate to have the help of Eric Von Aschwege. He has been working to learn wax injection mold making etc. and doing a fine job."

Jim Kibler posted this to another forum on 1/9:
" Yes, we are working on another rifle offering. This is based to some degree on the original commonly referred to as the "Woodsrunner" rifle. It should make for a fantastic handling rifle. This project is about 75% complete. The fowling piece will follow. It is about 25% complete. Devoting time for developing new designs has been a challenge for us, so this past year we have been fortunate to have the help of Eric Von Aschwege. He has been working to learn wax injection mold making etc. and doing a fine job."
That is disappointing.
I dint think that I am the only one who had the impression that the fowling piece or trade gun was next,,, and eminent.

I have no knowledge, but I will conjecture that it may be hard to source ever needed for a particular project. For example, perhaps barrels are not available in quantity. So, move that project down and move another up. I am wanting a Kibler fowler/trade gun too. Hopefully sometime in 2022.

I couldn’t wait any more! I ordered a 58 cal. Extra fancy colonial smoothbore rifle from Kibler! I decided it fit better with my family history and what I wanted any way. May still order a fowler when the time comes.

I received an email from Lorie today. It seems the ALM messages are true.

The Fowler is 25% done and it he Woodsrunner is 75% completed. The Woodsrunner will be available in June of 2022. I would guess this puts the Fowler somewhere in 2023, but that’s obviously speculation. I hear a percussion Hawken is in the distant works too.

Here were some specs shared with me on the Woodsrunner
· .45, .50, .54 caliber
· Same Wood Options
· Round Faced English Lock
· Weight 7 ½ to 8 Lbs.
· Barrel Length 39 ¾”
· Sliding Wood Patchbox Only
· Well Swamped Barrel
· It’s tall at the breech, tapers at the wrist, then tapers more at the entry.
· Very handy and easy to carry
· Has strong influences from an actual rifle. Many believe to have been made in the valley in Virginia probably 1760’s
· Reminds you of a true frontier rifle

I have to say, I was a little disappointed the Fowler wasn’t coming out first. I’m sure Jim has his reasons, though. I know they are moving a lot of work in house, which is good for the company. Not sure I can wait another year though!

Thanks for the information. I was anticipating a fowler, hopefully sooner rather than later as I do not have a smoothbore and definitely would like one. I would guess that they ran into some unanticipated holdups on the fowler, I am guessing a supply issue.

The Woodsrunner is an interesting rifle and I will likely get one and enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back