• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Found This Flask in an Antique/Junk Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felt Wad posted me some pics relating to the post above .They seem to be in a section about wanting a matchlock . I found it earlier but cant find nor recall precise post they are now on

.Rudyard

Hi Rudyard
Are these the ones you are looking for
Feltwad

IMG-9145.JPG

IMG-9147.JPG

IMG-9152.JPG

Dear Felt Wad .Yes some of them ,theirs another of' Deer & hunter ' The shiny one was a' one off 'they made me in Cawnpore just because they thought I might like it . & the multy' Sykes Patent' was a test of the stamp its now on the altered brass 'Florenteen' body & leather covered with a loop to carry it charger down .The old 18th early 19th are the' Lant horn' with' wrap around' spring charger cut offs .The spring being pulled tighter rather that the later pushed out sort most metal flasks have. Except the later mottled flask which could be a Sykes since the increments go contary to the useual direction & being a feature of Sykes. And the cheaper offering with its glued leather to cover the wire stitched seam & painted & only a simple cap / measure that has a sort of Bayonet fitting to secure it . Never saw another. Lucky it escape the years . The Percy Tennantry flask makes up that group but there are two screw cap flasks ?, the other deer and the famous ? scrotum? flask plus the primer dubbed a 'Bogey' Plus A lot of horns and the top Matchlock including the part on' Petronel' now much advanced . Thank you for the extra ordinary trouble I'me causing you but I cant seem to fathom the E stuff .I can fire a steam ship ,make a wheellock & carve flasks but hanged if I can get my head round E gajets.
Regards Rudyard

Latest posts

Back