• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Found a hens tooth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what muzzleloader stuff did you do today?
I gave my guns I shot yesterday a final look see and wipe down, put them back in gun socks and back in the safe, I usually leave them muzzle down over night in the rack to let anything I may have missed run down and out of the barrel, probably not necessary but just something I do.

Made a few smile makers

5E134C69-20A3-4D1F-B724-2EBF2D769899.jpeg

I like the 32s and I'm a little jealous. By the time I had the resources to buy one, they had stopped making them. I looked a bit ago and Green Mountain had even dropped all the 32 barrels off their catalog. Very cool.

As i clean im finding proof marks and stamps..trying to figure out if i can put the barrel in the tank to clean the rust or will it come apart..it looks like a twist to me .i first thought Damascus.. But the lines started to come through.. I.l post a pic you tell me..tank or no tank ..or boil it..i stepped into unknown territory...

Moe, that's a pretty cool find. Any chance you could start a seperate thread, showcasing your new gun? Im sure im not the only one that is interested. Thanks for sharing

Without the gun in front of me, and going by the pictures, thats by design. Look at the side shots, there's some sculpted metal on the sides. Also, the muzzles are thin, the extra meat there could be to thicken the barrel at the threads. Im sure the gun has some stories to tell, thats part of the charm. The gun looks light and graceful in the hand. If so, it might have been someone's delight, and was carried and shot alot. Very cool, i love this sort of mystery from the past.

Nice , this was the first BP gun I bought. Great shooter. I got mine off a dirty dusty bottom shelf in a rural gun shop for $125 and I dont think it had been shot. Still have it along with the "crockett rifle" that traditions still makes .....unlike the pistol. Now you know you need the rifle hahaha

Attachments

• IMG_4409-2.jpeg
    IMG_4409-2.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7231.JPG
    IMG_7231.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back