• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found a goldmine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looked today at the wasp nests that the bride committed genocide on, they are still intact.
Question, will that goop she sprayed on them effect the use if it dries or can it be rinsed off? asking for a fowler friend
When they’re like that I usually just stomp them flat and let them dry in the sun a couple days. Never had any problems.

For the jute, do you take a piece of hemp/sisal/jute rope from the hardware store, and unravel it into a bird nest, similar to fire making? Seems like maybe a piece of burlap bag might also be used?
Yes, I will cut the jute string into approximately 4“ - 5” lengths and unravel it to make like a birds nest. It’s easy and relaxing. In about 30 minutes I can make a purty good amount. I’ve never tried burlap.

48577FC5-5462-4BD1-B36C-7DFB71E27748.jpeg
04922C53-A68A-4499-8143-73AC7FE26080.jpeg
D00E0E79-D5B8-440B-9FF5-7F90D429B6B9.jpeg
60442DC0-74C6-41E8-A8F7-2F284FE78E57.jpeg
This ~4” piece made enough for one wad. Took longer to photograph it than make it.

I’ll also add that occasionally, maybe every 8 to 10 shots, I may add spit or homemade lube to a couple of the wads to keep everything flowing smoothly.

So, I’m wollering around on the ground under my truck replacing the rear parking brake cables. As I’m rolling back out, this guy was watching me about 12” from my noggin’. Nest location noted for future harvesting.

Attachments

• EBDD69E2-368E-4756-AECA-305FBB08A1A8.jpeg
    EBDD69E2-368E-4756-AECA-305FBB08A1A8.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 0
Back