• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Forum Woodswalk at the Friendship Spring Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Time to start planning out Forum Woodswalk at the Spring shoot at Friendship.

June 9th at noon - meet at the Woodswalk shed starting around 11:30

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the woodswalk and a number of us have been involved in a project to update the range. You will see new targets and infrastructure improvements!

I am really hoping we can get a great turnout this year. Post below if you can make it or any other questions.

Barry

Thanks Barry.
Posted it on the calendar . Lord willing and the crick dont rise ( which it does pretty regular in Friendship) I plan on being there.
I shoot here at the house but there aint nothing like a woods walk.

Time to start planning out Forum Woodswalk at the Spring shoot at Friendship.

June 9th at noon - meet at the Woodswalk shed starting around 11:30

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the woodswalk and a number of us have been involved in a project to update the range. You will see new targets and infrastructure improvements!

I am really hoping we can get a great turnout this year. Post below if you can make it or any other questions.

Barry
This year I hope to hit a few more, last year had to name my trade gun ( frog,) because it kep jumping around.

FDF, you can shoot your pistol on the WW range if you want....

Barry,

It looks like I will not be at the Spring Shoot , but I’m planning on making the Fall shoot.

You Guys have a great time !

I hope too see y’all in the Fall.

FDF, you can shoot your pistol on the WW range if you want....

Barry,

It looks like I will not be at the Spring Shoot , but I’m planning on making the Fall shoot.

You Guys have a great time !

I hope too see y’all in the Fall.

That is something I may have to consider in the fall.

Thanks

fdf

Hoping and planning to do the woodswalk, my brother and i, for the first time ever in a few weeks. Got any guidance? Number of shots, caliber limits, special rules?

By the way do i need to bring a meal? Is it a couple miles hike or couple hundred yards hike. Thanks in advance and really loking forward to this ahoot.

Hoping and planning to do the woodswalk, my brother and i, for the first time ever in a few weeks. Got any guidance? Number of shots, caliber limits, special rules?

By the way do i need to bring a meal? Is it a couple miles hike or couple hundred yards hike. Thanks in advance and really loking forward to this ahoot.

We'd be glad to meet and woodswalk with you guys. Expect the course to be 16 shots, over a distance of about 300 yards out, then 300 yards back. You can use a range rod, or the rod under your barrel. Bring a canteen or bottle of water, but not a meal. It may be less, but figure 1 1/2 hours, because we aren't pushing ourselves hard. As former NMLRA president Max Vickery used to say, we don't let the shooting get in the way of the fun.
There are traveling trophies for the winners of rifled and smoothbored events of this Forum members event.

Thanks all,

So what is my dress code? ball cap? Cincy reds "C" ? I know we don't want to tear up the targets, caliber or powder charge limits?

Thanks again, really looking forward to this.

Thanks all,

So what is my dress code? ball cap? Cincy reds "C" ? I know we don't want to tear up the targets, caliber or powder charge limits?

Thanks again, really looking forward to this.

No dress code. I will be wearing my 21st century sportsman impression. This year we added targets for small bore (40 cal and less) and pistol shooters. I know we also have plenty of folks shooting full house Brown Bess loads.

Barry

Looking forward to seeing everyone. See you at noon on Sunday!

If the weather is bad and the woods walk range is closed, perhaps we can meet in the cafeteria for lunch.

Barry

We got rained out again. We may try to do a run on Tuesday at noon, weather permitting

Barry
We were there, brother and i, sunday, to do the shoot but heard on the line it had been cancelled for the day due to mud and slippryness for safety reasons. Very disappointed of course but shot the running boar as a substitute. Lots of fun and 7 of the 10 shots no idea where they went. See you next time and good luck. Sorry missed it but given weather, good decision i think for what little that is worth.

Latest posts

Back