• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Forum War! U.S. vs The World

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jethro224

Reaction score
Forum War! U.S. vs. The World

The U.S. Members of the Muzzleloadingforum hereby declare War on the Muzzleloadingforum members of the rest of the Entire Free World!

Since we U.S. members really sorta like you non-U.S. members, and we hope you sorta like us too, we don't really want to shoot at one-another. However, a War must be settled with bullets, therefore we will settle this one with a shooting contest. After all, it's nothing personal, just a war...

There will be two teams (armies).

The General of the U.S. Muzzleloading Forum Army will be me, jethro224.

The General of the World Muzzleloading Forum Army will be Soggy.

bothgenlogo.jpg

Participation is voluntary, but every shot counts. Every Muzzleloading Forum member is invited to join in on the fun, even the moderators.

Only traditional, open sighted muzzleloading firearms (Rifled or Smoothbore) are allowed. (no cannons or handguns)

Single patched round ball only. (no restriction on caliber)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 50 yards. (45.72 meters)

One shot per member.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than one hole will be disqualified.

If you miss the target completely, don't send in a blank sheet of paper. You are allowed to shoot until you hit the paper once.

The target is a standard sheet of printer paper with an X drawn thru the center corner-to-corner.

Shots will be measured from the center of the hole to the center of the paper.

Shots that measure 75mm or less (roughly 3 inches) from the center will score a "kill" for that members army.

Shots that measure 75.01mm or more from the center, but are on the paper, will score a "wound" for that members army.

Every three wounds will count as one kill.

The army with the most kills wins.

War is Hell! There's no way to know how many members will join each army. It's up to you! Please, take a shot to help your army win this war!

We will need time to raise the alarm, muster the troops, and form our battle plans so the War Starts Now!

Take your best shot.

Write "War", your screen name, and your Country on your target. Only registered forum members are allowed to participate in the battle.

Do not name your targets. (Example: Soggy shoots a target named Musketman)

If shooting in a group with another forum member(s), multiple targets may be sent in the same envelope to reduce the high cost of mail.

No targets may be faxed or scanned and sent by private topic to their corresponding generals, only original targets count.

Mail your target to your respective General postmarked by May 31, 2009.

General of the U.S.
jethro224

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

General of The World
Soggy

Wayne D. Smith
R.R. # 1 Shag Harbour
Doctor's Cove
Nova Scotia
Canada B0W 3B0

Each General will tally the scores for his army and forward them to Musketman who will then post the final results of the War.

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Wow! The US against the world. Looks like tomorrow's D-Day. :thumbsup:

The weird thing is that me and my German buddy, Kirrmeister are paired up in the other contest. :hmm: GW

Hey what's going on here???........Last week that OBAMMIE fellar was up here snooping around and eatin' cookies and now the U,S. has declared war on the rest of the free world!.Now I got to muster me up an army and try and defend the rest of the planet.........so come on fellars get your Itilian made hawkens, your Pendersolies. hocky sticks, boomerangs and what ever else you can gather up and let's get it on!..............OOPS!........just read the terms of engagement I guess we got to forget the hocky sticks, boomerangs etc. This is to be fought strictly with muzzleloaders

the-gauntlet-is-thrown-down-2007032.jpg

Ok Jethro,

Sounds like another fun competition. Have to get out the old "Ugly Rifle" and see what I can do.
Say, what's with the measurement rule? :confused: We are U.S. measurements. How long is 75 mm ? I only know inches, feet, yards. If we are a U.S. team, need to measure in real U.S. measurements. At least I know where the center of a piece of paper is, so that is all needed I guess. :v Cold this weekend, will wait till next week to shoot.

Thanks, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Jim/OH said:
Say, what's with the measurement rule? :confused: We are U.S. measurements. How long is 75 mm ? I only know inches, feet, yards.

75 mm is roughly 3 inches (2.9549999999999996 to be exact), I will edit the rules to include it.

Jim/OH said:
Say, what's with the measurement rule? :confused: We are U.S. measurements. How long is 75 mm ? I only know inches, feet, yards. If we are a U.S. team, need to measure in real U.S. measurements. At least I know where the center of a piece of paper is, so that is all needed I guess.

The metric system is only one of the reasons we're having this war! There's also driving on the wrong side of the road, callin' soccer "football", and keepin' all the best cookies for theirself... :cursing:

I tried to make it 3" but was out-voted. Figgered it won't matter anyway... since all us U.S. riflemen are gonna put 'em right in the center!
:blah: :blah: :blah: (and lots of us are gonna use Italian and Spanish guns to do it :haha: )

Looks like I got a couple real good recruits already! :hatsoff: (where's the salute smilie?)

jethro224 said:
The metric system is only one of the reasons we're having this war! There's also driving on the wrong side of the road, callin' soccer "football", and keepin' all the best cookies for theirself... :cursing:
Don't forget some of us have 5% beer too........ :blah:

Hey Romeoh!............Can I count on you shootin' for us?
Hopefully we can muster up a bunch of sharp shooters. There's no telling what they will do to us if THEY win :( ........Rumor has it they may install Dick Cheney as "Chief Firearm inspector " :nono: :nono:

salute.gif
Sir, yes, Sir!

Count me as "shanghaied". :wink: :haha:

:hmm: Guess I better use my italo-spaghetti hawken from Pedersoli in this case.. :haha:

RC said:
soggy said:
jethro224 said:
The metric system is only one of the reasons we're having this war!
Don't forget some of us have 5% beer too........ :blah:

is that 5% a metric 5%??????? as in [strike]Light[/strike] :blah:

Yeah, having to drink warm metric beer oughta make 'em mad enuff to fight. :haha:

You in RC?

yup! :grin: use the 58 :grin: :grin: :grin: ......now, :hmm: wonder if swampys gonna 58 or 36????? :confused: :haha:

Buripity, sir! Reporting for duty, General Jethro! :thumbsup: Shall I use my .54 GPR even though it has an Italian made barrel or my less accurate .32 100+ year old piece of good ol' American history? Also, can I be given a higher rank over Grey Whiskers, just so I can finally boss him around? :rotf:

RC said:
yup! :grin: use the 58 :grin: :grin: :grin: ......

Well, our Military Intelligence Service already assumed that you gonna take part.
The agents just weren´t sure what you gonna wear to go to war.
They reported you´re still undressed.. :shocked2:

finished4large.gif

:rotf: :rotf:

:hmm: what to wear? what to wear???? where's is my camo?? it was right here.... :blah: :confused: :confused: :confused: hold on guys,,be with ya shortly.. :redface:

damn ole eyes can't see a *#@^&*%%* thing :cursing: leaves? grass? limbs? snow?. :cursing:

General Soggy, since we are at war, I feel it is in our (Team USA) best efforts to impose an embargo on all foreign sales from American muzzleloading builders and suppliers.

What does that mean for you and the World team? No more orders from Track of the Wolf, Dixie Gun Works, Log Cabin Shop, etc.

Let me sum it up for you with this iconic Americanian jester:
smiley_moon.gif
:blah: :rotf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back