• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Forum War! East vs West! Ends August 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Fellow members, we are at war!

A challenge has been made and it has come time to settle it once and for all with powder and lead! The great muzzleloader shooters East of the Mississippi river will defend our honor against those scallywags from West of the Mississippi.

Leading the Western members is General Grey Whiskers.
Leading the Easterners is General Jethro224.

Get your gear in order! The rules of engagement will be posted tomorrow and the shooting will commence!

Looks like a line has been drawn in the sand. Er, maybe the river in this case. Anyway, the good folks on the West side of the Mississippi will bring arms against them rascals from the East.

Lonegun, I'm giving you a battlefield commission. Yer now Col. Lonegun and ya need to start recruiting more of the militia. :thumbsup:

No time to spare. Them Easterners will have a 3 hour head start on those of us from the West Coast. :shocked2:

Gen. Greywhiskers

General Grey Whiskers, SUH!
Do you and yor Western Scallywags agree to these terms of engagement?

The target is a standard 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of typing/printer paper with an X drawn thru the center from corner to corner.

Distance is 50 yards.

Take only 5 shots at your target and send it in. No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. (you can use a smoothbore if you would like)

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 50 yards.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

One target entry per member.

5 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

Each shot will be measured from the center of the hole to the center of the paper.

The center of the paper will be determined by the judge.

The total of all 5 shot measurements from each member will be added together to determine that members final score.
All of the scores for each Militia will be added together and then divided by the number of members on that Militia to determine the average for each team.
Lowest average score determines the winners of the East vs West Forum War.

Judges decisions are final.

Each Militia's average score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your target.

The war runs thru August 31, 2012.

Mail your target postmarked by September 1, 2012 to;

(pay attention here, I got a new P.O. box :wink: )

Eastern Militia:
Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Western Militia:
Lon Baugh
715 Atwater Blvd.
Atwater, CA 95301

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

If you are in agreement with these terms, Let the fightin' commence!

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

General Greywhiskers,

I would like to join your ranks and help defeat them Easterners! Although, I doubt it will be much of a fight. Them Easterners aren't exactly known fer their accuracy. :haha: Ready to report to boot camp immediately.

Buripity

General Jethro, the terms of this skirmish are agreed upon.

Looks like the local miltia (Buripity) is already falling into the ranks. :thumbsup:

Let the best side win!

General Grey Whiskers

Since I'm on the skirmish line directly lookin' down the barrel of them Easterners that call Wisconsin home, I'm forced to go to war an defend the Great State of Minnesota and the rest of the West from them cheese-headed Wisconsinites!!! They might have the better pigskin team, but let's see how the lead flies!!!

Do you mean that I have to waste powder and lead to prove that which is already known?? That easterners can't shoot, that all they can do is come near a squirrel and hit the branch to knock it out of a tree???
Why, we of the western persuasion have long been known as the best marksmen in the country, that if they had sent only westerners to the Great War, it would have been won overnight?? That westerners can shoot the eye out of a gnat at 200 yards, and not waste an iota of meat?? That we can outhike, outeat, and outshoot any varmint east of the Mississippi??
Bring it on!!!
Uh, anybody got powder to spare? :redface:

I also missed the 2" x 4" shoot but ought to be able to make thissun'. I like nothing better than whupping scalawag tail.

May the best team win!....I'm in!...Thinkin of using the 72 cal smoothe no sights..HaHa! Gotta give the no-accounts a chance! :grin:

Can I play?
Does my wife have to sign up as a member to shoot or are we a family membership?
Where is Winton, Ca?
Michael

meanmike said:
Can I play?
Does my wife have to sign up as a member to shoot or are we a family membership?
Where is Winton, Ca?
Michael

Yes you can play, even if you are a Westerner.
All muzzleloadingforum.com members are eligible.
Your wife would need to register as a member to play. Get her to sign up! We need more wimmenfolk members anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
meanmike said:
Can I play?
Where is Winton, Ca?
Michael

Jethro purty much answered your questions about joining the winning side.

Winton is about a 3 day march south of your position. You best get started as soon as your kit is packed. Gen Grey Whiskers

Sorry, leaving Weds am for Grants Pass, Oregon for a week of ML shooting. I will make a target, shoot it and send it in when I return home. I will see if we can get my wife signed on ASAP, so she can shoot too!
Michael

I think I am finally able to do this one. For the last shoot the grass and everything around my backyard was so freaking dry, that I really didn't want to test if it was dry enough to start a fire. We had some rains and although is is still pretty dry, I deem it to be safe to shoot now. We'll see what baby I'll drag out to do the job.

Back