• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Forum War! East vs West! Ends August 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General Jethro,
While I really do appreciate your very generous offer of the hacksaw, and do believe that this kind offer does indeed go a long way towards, if not in fact proving, that you truly are a gentleman, I will very respectfully have to decline this offer. This is mostly due to my long held prejudice in favor of rifles, but also due to my belief that sooner or later, you Easterners will see the error of your ways and we will once again have to stand side by side, and I would rather defend our common cause with a rifle than a handgun.

As to Mr. MHB and General GrayWhiskers engaging in a ill advised adventure, I regretfully have to agree with you, but not for the reasons you believe. I just don't think it necessary to waste perfectly good powder and lead on a disagreement, which if the comment it was based on was understood correctly, is much more fittingly resolved by the judicious use of knife or tomahawk. Having said that, since I do not currently have a ML handgun, can I be of any assistance with my tomahawk?

Lone:
I, too, am a Texan, born and raised. I appreciate your offer of support in true Texas fashion, but will have to decline, with thanks.
The circumstances of the current unpleasantness are unusual, having originated in disparaging words posted publicly, but not spoken directly in the presence of the offended party, who resides in an entirely different region of the country.
This effectively precludes recourse to the time-honored Texan response of immediately shooting, stabbing or tomahawking the blackguard on the spot, and relying on the time-tested formula that 'he needed killin''.
Therefore, the immediate, Texas-style remedy is not an option, though cool, calculated and thoroughly proper satisfaction taken in the fashion of gentlemen is still available. Be assured the insult will not go unavenged: the seconds and their principals are even now arranging the details, which will be reported when complete.
Meanwhile, keep your Bowie and 'hawk sharp and handy.
mhb - Mike

As to the initial casus belli - the objectionable speech of Gen'l J., you should know that any Southern/Western gentleman considers himself a proper protector of any gentlewoman, or the gender as a whole, unless the specific female or subgroup thereof is certainly known to be outside the bounds of the appellation - and the imputation of such by an Easterner would, of itself, be an actionable offense.

Golly.
Gee.
Causes belly and all.
Let's git to it. But....yore gonna need reinforcements.
Maybe a third, fourth, fifth in addition to that second of yourn.
Pete

Pete D. said:
As to the initial casus belli - the objectionable speech of Gen'l J., you should know that any Southern/Western gentleman considers himself a proper protector of any gentlewoman, or the gender as a whole, unless the specific female or subgroup thereof is certainly known to be outside the bounds of the appellation - and the imputation of such by an Easterner would, of itself, be an actionable offense.

Golly.
Gee.
Causes belly and all.
Let's git to it. But....yore gonna need reinforcements.
Maybe a third, fourth, fifth in addition to that second of yourn.
Pete

Seems to me that this truce is quite fragile and the hostilities could resume any time soon. When shall we get the new rules of engagement?

As Mr. mhb said, the rules are still being decided upon. Just as soon as all of the details are worked out it will become public knowledge.

As the Easterner appears unwilling to apologize for the initial insult, and continues to show a general intransigence, shared by his second, who seems intent on facilitating, rather than averting an effusion of blood, I believe the meeting will occur in the not-distant future.
I am confident that other Westerners feel as strongly about the case as I do, and fully intend to offer them an opportunity to take up the challenge, if so inclined. I must admit that there is also a certain appeal to the notion of making the encounter a good old Western style free-for-all, but not ungentlemanly enough to suggest that it is no more than the Easterners' just desserts.
Clean and oil your pistols, and be ready, boys.
mhb - Mike

It was as I rather expected. The Easterner is determined to shoot it out. I will begin a new thread, to explain the rules, and to invite participation by all of you who may feel it proper to do so.
mhb - Mike

Back