• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Forum War! East vs West! Ends August 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And when can we expect a new battle, maybe with pistols,

:hmm: A duel??? Might be fun.

I already have a plan for the next contest which will run thru the end of October.
Maybe after that.

The East had 8 shooters. General GW will have to tell us how many were on the Western side.

The Western troops consisted of these seven brave souls-
Lonegun 1894
Pappy 237
Skunkskinner
Buripity
MHB
Paocbillie
Grey Whiskers

It was a fun contest. I wish I had shot better but hey, the General is picked because of his cunning tactics not his shooting ability. Right? :hmm:

GW

Grey Whiskers said:
the General is picked because of his cunning tactics not his shooting ability.

GW

If that's the case, then we definitely picked the right guy! :hatsoff: :rotf: :rotf:

A duel is certainly appropriate. I am still holding you accountable for your un-called for remarks on our Western/Southern womenfolk.
Unless you wish to apologize, see that your affairs are in order.
mhb - Mike

Thanks to the General's for the effort!
"Curly" had a decent group going
Till I shanked one to the edge of the paper..Oh Rat's!
As a plinker-hunter this one and done thing gives me an appreciation for the competitive shooters out there! :bow:

Looking forward to the rematch...dan

mhb said:
A duel is certainly appropriate. I am still holding you accountable for your un-called for remarks on our Western/Southern womenfolk.
Unless you wish to apologize, see that your affairs are in order.
mhb - Mike

Well then a duel it will be!

After all, all I ever said about your womenfolk was
They said war was hell but I never expected the enemies women to look like that! Now I understand why they shoot so bad over there. Their eyeballs is burnt up!

Now, that might have meant that they look smokin' hot! Any inferences that it was an insult were your own. The duel is on!
Y'all have until the end of October to get practiced up at pistol shootin'. I would suggest taking full advantage of the time.

The terms of the encounter will, of course, have to be set by the seconds, and agreed to. It is expected that they will adhere most stringently to the provisions of the Code Duello, as set forth at the Clonmell Assizes of 1798. There are specific requirements for the case of insulting or demeaning words spoken against ladies.
I did consider that you may have meant something other than what was apparently implied, in your original statement, but as you have not specifically denied opprobrious intent, any further discussion will have to be with my second(s).
You should be aware that I am no stranger to such affairs of honor: my most recent opponent, Major W.P.Mapoles, of the Florida Webfoot Militia, is not yet fully recovered from his chastisement.
mhb - Mike

Here is another Thank You to both Generals. :hatsoff: As to the comment about our womenfolk in the West/South, I would have shot better if there hadn't been any present to be a distraction. Hey, that's my story and I'm stickin to it. General Greywhiskers, don't worry, Sir, them Easterners had to get lucky sometime, and there's very few wars where one side wins every battle, so that's what I'm considering this to be.

Did you account for the targets from the folks in Florida; the ones with the hanging chads? :wink: :wink: :wink:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dont know if any of us shot, We would have made a mess out of it and had things all screwed up! :rotf: :rotf:

Gen Grey whiskers enjoyed fighting beside you will come arunning the next time the east wants to skirmish. AS I donot have a pistol will not be able to come along but the the old smoothbore will be there ifin it comes to buck and ball. :thumbsup:

Who're our seconds?
Sorry, I ain't real studied up on them high-falutin' fancy duelin' words. I just figgered we'd step off and shoot it out with our pistols. :idunno:

Ahem! As any gentleman would know, seconds are gentlemen of equal standing with the principals, selected for their good character and sound judgement, and tasked with arranging, between themselves and in consultation with their respective principals the circumstances under which a meeting to settle an affair of honor is to be conducted.
If you prefer, we can just do the whole thing as informally as one of my presumptive ancestors (Senator Thomas Hart Benton) did in his fracas with Andy Jackson - in which Jackson, a genuine hard specimen and no doubt about it, came off rather the worse.
At your service...
mhb - Mike

Dang, I was hopin' we were gonna get another serving of chicken fried steak and taters with gravy...

Now yer tellin' me I gotta find somebody with good character AND sound judgement both at the same time...
:hmm: This may take some doin'. Let me get back to you.

You just never know how these things are going to turn out. I thought I had thrown the target away because I was certainly not pleased with it. I found it when paying bills at the end of the month and used the last stamp to mail it to the General Jethro. I am glad to be on the winning team and I am proud to be from the EAST!!
My little TN rifle is always ready to defend a worthy cause Gen Jethro.
T.O.
One more thing (I wouldn't be surprised if this contest was won by a bunch of flint shooters)

That, too, would be interesting to know, if the shooters reported the information:
What caliber and type of rifle did each participant shoot? And what were the respective string measurements for each (it is not necessary to give names).
Mine was a .50 percussion Hawken-type, and I included that info (and the load data) on the target.
mhb - Mike

This is" Curly " 36 cal 42" barrel dst swamped 1-48 twist
35 gr. FFF Goex
.024 patch 40 cotton duct
OOO buck .350 Hornady swagged rb
Hoppe's lube
FFFF Goex prime

Don't mind the beady eyed westerner laying on the ground. :rotf:

IMG_25652.jpg

Back