• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort Ti; a 1953 movie about Rogers' Rangers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just caught a 1953 movie titled "Fort Ti" about the Roger's Rangers and Ft. Ticonderoga. It's a hoot! Not totally 'authentic', just sit back and enjoy; kind of funny and hokey, with hints of upcoming 3-D vision! People might strike with a musket butt or 'hawk, right into the camera, so the viewers would jump in their seats! Same thing with Indians being thrown over shoulders of a Ranger, into the viewers screen! Had never seen it before unlike " Northwest Passage " which we're all familiar with. Lots of little details about the Rangers, again, not real authentic but for 1953 it was pretty cool! Caught it on local station called Grit; not cable but over the air.

Just watched the movie. Enjoyable corn. I wonder why George. Montgomery never really lasted as a leading man in the movies.
Thanks for posting this ! :cool:

Just caught a 1953 movie titled "Fort Ti" about the Roger's Rangers and Ft. Ticonderoga. It's a hoot! Not totally 'authentic', just sit back and enjoy; kind of funny and hokey, with hints of upcoming 3-D vision! People might strike with a musket butt or 'hawk, right into the camera, so the viewers would jump in their seats! Same thing with Indians being thrown over shoulders of a Ranger, into the viewers screen! Had never seen it before unlike " Northwest Passage " which we're all familiar with. Lots of little details about the Rangers, again, not real authentic but for 1953 it was pretty cool! Caught it on local station called Grit; not cable but over the air.
I saw it this weekend as well, it is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEYYYYY!!! But fun. I especially like the fight scenes when an Indian would go at the camera with the spear or a militia guy would shoot toward the camera. Yep, it was fun. :thumb:

RM

LOL, I can tell we all watch Grit channel. It was on the other day. I keep that and MeTV on my favorite channels list.

I saw it in 3D when I was 8 or 9.

What is in that scene? Just curious.
Steppin' woman( Parker) and Bushrod gentry (Taylor ) are trapped in a cave by Indians. The plan is Bushrod will play dead to lure the savages in and both he and steppin' woman will then attack. Well unknowingly he gets hit on the head with a rock fall and is unconscious, she's crying and acting like he's dead as the savages come into the cave. Obviously, he doesn't wake up and the savages grab her, she gets POed and unloads a whole can of whoop-ass on them. the whole movie is funny and that's just one scene.

I watched it the other day. It was kinda corny but enjoyable.
I think they were using smokeless powder, Lol
Many years ago I was able to briefly examine a box of those movie blanks used with those mocked-up trapdoor Springfield rifles and pistols. Appeared to have only about 30 grains of black powder in each.

Thanks for posting this. I was only 3 years old when this movie was released. But I vaguely remember seeing it during grade school years.
Definitely enjoyed watching it again. So very 1950-ish. LOL

Rick

Funny and hokey. Still, for the time it was probably pretty good. We have to remember most people then had no idea of black powder, muzzleloaders, how to load them and so on.

Latest posts

Back