• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Fort Frederick

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Packing for the Fort Frederick Colonial Market Fair - Thurs April 25 thru Sun April 28. As usual, we will be at the Sign of the Blue Cat next to the fort wall. Stop & say hello if you can.

Packing for the Fort Frederick Colonial Market Fair - Thurs April 25 thru Sun April 28. As usual, we will be at the Sign of the Blue Cat next to the fort wall. Stop & say hello if you can.
I plan on being there Saturday. I hope you have good weather this weekend. There were bad storms last Friday night. I,'ll stop and visit.

Well I'm back...,
My daughter is all set up in her camp. She will have a lovely time.
I got some nice flints (always hand-pick if you can or connect with somebody who can do it for you.) Plus I got two flash guards for the two military muskets that have none yet.
I obtained some nice brass Double-D buckles for military cartridge pouches, some tiny buckles to fashion into sock garters, a bunch of small faux pewter buttons for waistcoat pockets and spatter-dashers,
I saw lots of very good artisans, making horns, blacksmithing, making candles, wooden boxes, furniture, guns, knives, clothing, even wigs for women AND men!

LD

Good luck on the flints. I was there today and only 2 vendors had any to speak of. I think I may have bought 2 dozen?

I normally get mine at the Gun Doctor but he didn't show this year.

We were up today visited some friends we usually camp with, weather not so nice, but that is market faire. It seemed that there were not as many vendors as in the past and the campers seemed a bit low. But it is always nice to be there if even for a few hours. Hopefully we will get back on schedule for next year.

Yeah I saw your rifle on another thread. Good for you. :thumb:

My daughter complained about the wind and the tent. It's a military wedge and it's seen even a tropical storm. As cramped as they may be, they do well in windy conditions, BUT they do make noise in the wind. ..., flap flap flap flap flap flap....

She's not used to it, having spent almost every April in the past 20 years at that event, and until recently, in that tent..., and because I wasn't with her I guess...o_O to reassure her. Ah well the tent didn't come down, and she slept well on Saturday night.

I remember one Market Fair where the wind was rather steady at about 20 mph, so no gusting so the tent wasn't flexing back and forth, just had steady pressure being applied...but there was "flapping" going on, as I normally mark my camp with a Welsh flag of St. David, and it was popping nicely in the wind. :D Once I figured out what that noise was, I went back to sleep.

LD

EFAAE416-9C87-43DD-93E1-C441A189B6DC.jpeg
Man you guy's in the East have all the cool stuff going on. Wish I could go.

Jerry

LOL Last Saturday evening .... my camp is the first one on the left.

A great time was had by all....

"Had a great time today,despite the wind.

I think a 20 mph is just a slight breeze. I was at the state trap and skeet match 20mph was on the level with gust up to 45mph on Friday, and it just kept getting worse. Saturday gust to 50mph. Sunday 30 degrees and 50mph gust. It was cold and challenging. Started to blow the roof off the clubhouse.
Then to top it off on the way home I got in a whiteout on the pass, and it was 12 degrees. Got down off the mountain and 60 mph gust on the highway. Pulling a 29' 5th wheel I was glad to get home.
And I shot the worse then I ever shot.

Last edited:
I'm glad too hear you made it back home Safely.

That sounds like tough conditions for shooting clays.

I think the only way I would have gotten out to shoot in that kinda' weather is,
If my quarry tasted better than clay! LOL

I've experienced my share of "puckering" pulling my 5th wheel in high winds on the run from incoming
Hurricanes while working in S.Fl.

Was able to go for the day Saturday had a great time. Did any of you happen to see the man with the left hand flintlock for sale had a sign on it for 1500 . If so and you know him let me know I am interested if he still has it. Thanks

Back