• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Form a club NE.Bama/NW Ga.?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redstick Lee

Blowin' Smoke
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
There seems to be a complete dearth of TRADITIONAL ML clubs in the Anniston/Oxford/Piedmont/Cedartown/Rome/Centre area........
does anyone know of one, or possibly a few people interested in forming one?

Nothing hardcore HC/PC maybe even including inlines......
Just want to be around other frontstuffers again....

Redstick, Welcome to the Forum .

Here’s a list of clubs I pulled off the net for Ga & Al.
I’m not sure how old this list is , but maybe it will help.

The only shoot that I’m aware of is in Lawrenceburg Tn. At Davy Crockett State Park it’s usually the 2nd week end in August.
They have a good woods walk and a novelty shoot that’s challenging.

Sorry, when I posted the Clubs in Al & Ga they got mixed together.lol

There’s a group of Guys on the Forum from N. Ga..

steve1122 one of them , I think they have a small club in N. Ga.

You could send Steve a pm and ask... Good Luck

I'm in Cartersville Ga, about 20 miles east of Rome.I'm a long time traditional bowhunter, caplock hunter, and have now got very interested in flinlocks. I'm building a colonial fowler now. I've never been in a muzzleloader club, but I'm interested. I've been in traditional archery clubs for years.

Not in NW Georgia, but the biggest muzzleloading shootin' match/rendezvous in GA is the Brushy Creek Muzzleloaders Spring Shoot & Rendezvous, held around the middle of March every year. It starts on Wednesday and runs through Sunday. I've attended for about 20 years. Last year, about eighty competitors from AL, FL, VA, NC, SC, & GA attended. Most every contestant walked away with a free "can" of Schuetzen Black Powder on Sunday. About $2,500 in muzzleloading handguns & rifles were given away to lucky ticket holders (not me). I believe its the largest muzzle loading shooting match in the South.

If you think its a fur piece from NW GA to Lenox GA, its an eight hour drive for me from Fayetteville NC.

This photo shows one of the two giveaway tables for the participants on Sunday.
IMG_0314.jpg

I just looked in the latest issue of Muzzle Blasts, January 2019 and thought I would list these for your information.

Griffin Long Rifles
Shoots 1st Sunday monthly January through September, Billy Townsend, Marietta, GA 770-997-0766 [email protected]

Alabama Territorial Matches
May 3-5 2019, Rifle and Pistol
Alabama State Muzzle Loading Rifle Assn.
Range: Brierfield Ironworks Historical State Park, Brierfield, AL

Georgia Territorial Matches, Muzzleloading Rifle, and Pistol
October 17-19, 2019 Blue Ridge Mountain Men
Range in Martin, GA

I live in NE Alabama, Fort Payne, and shoot with the Chattanooga Rangers regularly. I occasionally go up to Tullahoma, TN and shoot with Elk River Long Rifles.

Barry

Back