• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD For you lefties out there!! LH .54cal. flintlock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a .54cal. flintlock by Jim Fahling. The barrel is 44" swamped. It is 1" at the breech and 7/8" at the muzzle. It makes a nice light, well balanced rifle. I don't know whose barrel it is. The rifling isn't as deep as a Rice. The lock is a Chambers Siler with Robert Ray's maker's mark in it. LOP is 14", but the drop makes it feel shorter. The double C scrolls and daisy-headed patchbox put it in the Lancaster school. It favors a Dickert.

$2700 shipped.

Fehling rifle 003.JPGDSCF2011.JPGFehling rifle 006.JPGDSCF2012.JPG
1630590359955.png

Last edited:
Wow!,

It was this time last year that I ordered my TVM and I spent $2800. It should be finished here in a couple of weeks. Point is, if this would have been available last year on this very day I would have bought that puppy in a Heartbeat!!! Maybe you’ll still have it in November or December…LOL!

A beautiful vision of my Dickert dreams…if only the lock was on the other side and I could afford it, I would own it!! That’s an awesome Lancaster!!👍👍

This is a .54cal. flintlock by Jim Fahling. The barrel is 44" swamped. It is 1" at the breech and 7/8" at the muzzle. It makes a nice light, well balanced rifle. I don't know whose barrel it is. The rifling isn't as deep as a Rice. The lock is a Chambers Siler with Robert Ray's maker's mark in it. LOP is 14", but the drop makes it feel shorter. The double C scrolls and daisy-headed patchbox put it in the Lancaster school. It favors a Dickert.

$2700 shipped.

View attachment 92431View attachment 92429View attachment 92432View attachment 92433View attachment 92520
What is the twist?

Best I could measure it is 1 in 48 about 2ft. down the barrel, but that doesn't sound right. It might be a gain twist. I usually just sight them in and don't worry about the brand or the twist.
Square or round bottom rifling? Also can you tell me the weight of this rifle? Thanks

It is 8.4lbs. with round-bottom rifling. It balances just about at the end of the entry pipe tang. If I had to nit pick, I would say that the brass is too brightly polished, but that is a personal choice type of thing. Some use would take care of that.

P_20210918_162537.jpg

I’m waiting on some developments at work. I just hope the call is soon before someone realizes what this is and scoops it up! People just have no idea how hard it is to find a custom ready to go rifle in left hand and is reasonably priced.

RM

I 'm a lefty and had been looking for a nice rifle. I just had a LH JP Peck .50 cal repo done for a bit more money. This is very tempting since I like that lighter finish and the lighter weight would be great. But this is really nice. I just put the first 50 rounds through mine a week ago. Just curious how old and have you fired it? and thoughts on that.
IMG_2427.jpg
IMG_2428.jpg
IMG_2429.jpg

It shoots fine. It was hitting a little high so I put a drop of solder on the front sight. I don't know when it was made. I bought it at the Knoxville show. It must have been in a closet for some time. Doesn't really matter to me it is in like new condition. I have given up ordering rifles. At my age it is easier to shop around and pay cash for a built rifle than it is to order and wait for a rifle I might not be happy with. This one fits me so well I'll probably be sorry I sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back