• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

For those with walnut gunstocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Walker

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I haven't personally tried this... but I'm sure it just might do the trick.

Attachments

• Walnut Gunstock Scratch fix.jpg
    Walnut Gunstock Scratch fix.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 327
And once you have rubbed them on your stock to apply oils to the wood, they are crumbled and ready to sprinkle on your ice cream. They will still have plenty of essential oils to be beneficial to your heart.
So in a roundabout way ice cream is good for your heart....I knew it:thumb:

All patently excellent reasoning.!!!!!!!.............Oh no here comes the retired nurse in my family with a clown mallet to remind me about my fat old body , , no icecream for me , just the walnuts.....

TFoley, after almost 50 years, good for you. My wife and I celebrated 50 this year and she puts up with my foibles most of the time. Of course I pay too.

I've used walnuts on furniture scratches and it worked out well. Also used it on an old shotgun stock when it fell off a gun rack and suffered its first scratch.
We celebrated our 50th in late August. We beat TFoley to it by just a few weeks, in August 1971.
We've now been married for almost 20 happy years. 😃

Walnut oil has some of the highest amounts of polyunsaturated fats of any oils (similar to flaxseed (= linseed) and grape seed oils). Walnut oil should make an excellent varnish or wood treatment.
Grape seed oil has the highest flame temp of most any oil. I use it with bees wax and it is a most excellent patch lube. Almost any oil rubbed into a mar on wood will make it darker, if burnished till very hot, the spot in question will have some gloss to it.

Back