• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

For Those who camp at Friendship Take Heed!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of now, I'm still not going to sign it. I have issues with the warranty/as-is, maintenance clauses. The whole thing should be torn up and redone with ALL the board's knowledge and approval.

Just to think that the Yazel bunch would attempt this is really worrisome to me by holding the membership to such high standards while they do things that are against the bylaws that they themselves took an oath to uphold.

I guess the $800 will be better served elsewhere. We are sure to attend but with alternate plans for the stay.... And BTY LongWalker, I know of at least on BOD that's requested the resignation of the president.

Well now, let's take a look at the last paragraph in my post:

Breaking it down sentence by sentence: the first sentence is based on statements posted on Facebook by the NMLRA's counsel, and by Yazell.

The second sentence is based on multiple statements and text messages that were screen-shotted and posted on Facebook.

The first clause of the last sentence is based on the NMLRA bylaws. The second clause of the last sentence is based on the lack of objection or action by the rest of the BOD. I'd welcome being shown I'm wrong on this: show me in the Minutes of the BOD meetings where any member of the BOD has called Yazell out for his actions, sought his removal, or tried to get rid of the Executive Committee, and I will happily acknowledge my error and apologize.
Minutes only contain motions... We have not had a BOD meeting since the September shoot.. Not without numerous requests.
And yes, there have been call for many things.
I wasn't saying anything other than I misread your post.. And apologized for that.
That is all I am saying.

I really encourage those who can to avoid ranges and get out and utilize your public land. It's your birthright as an american, go and shoot on it.

How ,many BP shooters are you associating with on "your public land" and is there powder being sold there?

As of now, I'm still not going to sign it. I have issues with the warranty/as-is, maintenance clauses. The whole thing should be torn up and redone with ALL the board's knowledge and approval.

Just to think that the Yazel bunch would attempt this is really worrisome to me by holding the membership to such high standards while they do things that are against the bylaws that they themselves took an oath to uphold.

I guess the $800 will be better served elsewhere. We are sure to attend but with alternate plans for the stay.... And BTY LongWalker, I know of at least on BOD that's requested the resignation of the president.

Not all BOD members are pillars of the community and many get on the BOD for their own personal gain.

"Just to think that the Yazel bunch would attempt this is really worrisome to me by holding the membership to such high standards while they do things that are against the bylaws that they themselves took an oath to uphold."

Remember it is the BOD who elects the President not the membership. Mike Luma presented a change to the Bylaws to change it to where the membership elected the President not the BOD. The BOD voted against the change. So when you complain about the President, place the blame where it lies, with the BOD, you elected the BOD when you voted them in..

"Just to think that the Yazel bunch would attempt this is really worrisome to me by holding the membership to such high standards while they do things that are against the bylaws that they themselves took an oath to uphold."

Remember it is the BOD who elects the President not the membership. Mike Luma presented a change to the Bylaws to change it to where the membership elected the President not the BOD. The BOD voted against the change. So when you complain about the President, place the blame where it lies, with the BOD, you elected the BOD when you voted them in..
Seems like I remember voting for the president back in the 80's and 90's when I was most active down there. So, they must have changed that over the years? They must not like the membership having a voice as to what goes on down there.

The problem with the membership voting on the President is that you have people voting for people that they dont know. You dont know if they are good or bad. I assume you would allow all members to vote for the President, just like you do for the board?

SB

Move out west. I live in WA, but Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and other states heavy with BLM and National Forests have millions of acres of land you can access...and shoot on. YOU ARE PART OWNER OF THIS LAND. You just have to look and find a lonely road that leads to your shooters paradise

These legacy ranges that have waiting lists, fees and other hindrances are CANCER robbing you of your American experience.
I thought it would be cool to move out west, but I don't think that will ever be in my cards.

Alabama is pretty darn good as far as I'm concerned.

I
The problem with the membership voting on the President is that you have people voting for people that they dont know. You dont know if they are good or bad. I assume you would allow all members to vote for the President, just like you do for the board?

SB

Only the members at the meeting voted on Mike Luma's bylaw change proposal.
Same ones that voted to Not allow All members to vote on bylaw changes.

Seems like I remember voting for the president back in the 80's and 90's when I was most active down there. So, they must have changed that over the years? They must not like the membership having a voice as to what goes on down there.
You are correct.

SB
Yep.

The proposed bylaw changes were well publicized in Muzzle Blast....don't quite remember but maybe even a mailer. The hundreds or more present on the grounds at Friendship obviously didn't find it worth their time to attend the proceeding. I couldn't be there myself but was told there was maybe 75 members at the meeting. I agree there ought to be a better way.

Remember it is the BOD who elects the President not the membership. Mike Luma presented a change to the Bylaws to change it to where the membership elected the President not the BOD. The BOD voted against the change.
Gee, that doesn't sound rigged at all. :doh:

Back to the original topic concerning the camper agreement, I addressed my continued concerns to the entire board via an email and have only heard back from one.
Mind sharing if any of those up for reelection did not respond and if so who?

The proposed bylaw changes were well publicized in Muzzle Blast....don't quite remember but maybe even a mailer. The hundreds or more present on the grounds at Friendship obviously didn't find it worth their time to attend the proceeding. I couldn't be there myself but was told there was maybe 75 members at the meeting. I agree there ought to be a better way.

The meetings are more argument than any thing else.

SB
In all fairness, this--voting for people we don't know--is the norm with any large organization.

Most of us will know, at most, one or two of the candidates for BOD, and the best we get for info about them/their platform is a brief bio and platitudes about the future. How many of this year's crop of candidates do you know well enough to know how they will actually behave as Directors?

Often the best we can do is to vote against people. If you aren't satisfied with the actions of the current Board, or with past Board actions, why would you vote to re-elect anyone? If you're tired of the supposedly-national organization being run by and for Friendship, why would you vote for anyone who lives in the area?

That only works if there are enough candidates. How many candidates would we get for president in an open, by-the-members, election? And could we agree on any of them?

Back