• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

For Those who camp at Friendship Take Heed!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's calm down all of this NMLRA bashing. This only hurts our sport and helps the liberal lawyers win! They can just stand back and watch us tear ourselves apart.

They've revised the agreement and posted it on their FB group this morning. The Insurance requirement wording now says:
During the Term and Member’s occupancy and use of the Campsite, the NMLRA recommends, but does not require, that Member keep in force the following insurance policies...

I defy anyone to find a place where you can camp with electric for a year for $700.00, shoot at several gun ranges, and not have to sign a liability agreement. Get real people!

You're breakin the rules pard. If they find you sleeping in your car they'll kick you out. Been there, done that.
What annoys me, is you have to pay $50 shooter's fee then pay $4 per match, or is it $5 now? That's enough to keep me from going back there and have some good times on the skeet range. I used to burn a pound of powder a day on the skeet range.
AND, they wouldn't let me camp on the skeet range, for any money, even on an unused camping site. I guess you have to be one of the swells to do that.... :rolleyes: So, if it was raining and the creek was too deep to drive through, I couldn't shoot skeet for one or several days.
LOTS of things that Pee me off about that place.

Territorials are $20 match fee and $20 per Agg. To shoot 2 pistol aggs. that is $60!!

My good buddy Wayne Estes observes " There are too many damned Yankees running that place":thumb:
"I resemble that remark!" Yuk, Yuk!!
Three Stooges Friday GIF

The camping fees of $25-$35 a night for hookup campsite fora camper/rv are completely in line with the going rate for campgrounds.

$700 to store your camper for a year is a good storage price.

I only skimmed the rental agreement but it looks like a pretty standard rental agreement to me. I don't know how you are supposed to not have any hazardous materials but still have black powder. Might need some tweaking.

I think the N-SSA's rule is you can't have but 1 pound of black powder not made up into cartridges.

My wife and I are long time members of the NMLRA and have been regular campers in the association's Frontier Heritage Campground. Yesterday we received the new campsite use agreement. It appears to be a multipage document obviously prepare by an attorney. I was absolutely stunned when I read it. You are required to fill out your info, initial a "Release of Liability" and then sign and date. If you don't then you will not get "permission to occupy" your campsite. I think you may find yourself as shocked as we were when you read it. I have also discovered that these changes were done without the knowledge of the several of the BODs.

As for us, we are not in agreement and refuse to sign. Therefore, we will not camp and the NMLRA will not be getting our up-front nonrefundable fees for the spring and fall shoot of approximately $800. I hope others will consider doing the same. You can also express your displeasure by emailing the BOD at [email protected].
It's nothing more than a liability contract, that says they are not responsible for stupidity on the part of the camper or other campers. It's boiler plate if you want to stay in business.

At many of the rendezvous around the Country, you have to sign a "release of liability"! I don't see what all the fuss is about.
It’s similar to a certain book that folks tend to only take a few words to be upset about, or justify their positions, without using the whole as context…

Not bashing, just doesn't seem very economical to camp or maybe even attend the Friendship events. The club I have recently joined charges $25 a year membership dues, they have a nice range in the woods and a nice place to camp with one water spigot, no electric. The people are all good and like to help and there are members that will drive 3 plus hours to come to the monthly shoot. There is a nice log home/cabin on the 30 plus acres which is great for events that are held. I can go to other clubs in the area and it is similar to ours, they have shoots/camps/ rendezvous and usually $20-30 for the whole weekend if not the week up to. Granted they may not draw the crowd like the Friendship events but the friendship of other reenactors is felt and enjoyed with most that attend.

I personally see no problem with the $800. Here are a few examples of why I say that.
  1. Camp Hatteras RV Campground and Resort; Waves, North Carolina — $43-$45 from January through mid-March, $65-$75 for late March through late May, $81-$110 for late May through early September, $63-$75 for early September through late November, and $43-$45 for late November through early December; you’re charged for each child ages six through 18 ($4), each extra adult ($8), each pet ($3), and for cable TV ($3)
  2. Camp Gulf; Destin, Florida — For the upper park site and north upper park, between $65-$85 in winter, $90-$120 in spring, $97-$126 in summer, and $67-$90 in autumn
  3. Oak Grove Resort Campgrounds; Holland, Michigan —For premium sites, $55 in the spring and fall, $60 during the summer, and $65 during the holiday season
  4. Americamps RV Resort; Ashland, Virginia — $40-$50 for a back-in site RV (with 30/50 amp electrical, cable TV, Wi-Fi, sewer pumps, and water pumps), $50-$60 for a pull-thru site RV (with 30/50 amp electrical, cable TV, Wi-Fi, sewer pumps, and water pumps), $55-$69 for a concrete site RV; you also have to pay $3 for each extra passenger you bring

And to give you an idea of liability paperwork beyond camping: A number of years ago a group of us from my fire department traveled to South Dakota to pick up our new fire engine. When I say “our”, I mean that the manufacturer had already received payment in full from the town. As it was not decaled and lettered yet, the manufacture’s legal team determined that we were a contracted “delivery courier” for the town, and therefore would need to have a CDL license to drive it back. Fire apparatus, as a general rule are not treated as commercial vehicles. We also needed to have $5 million of liability insurance. We would have to wait a few weeks after we visited the factory for the final punch list inspection for them to arrange delivery if we didn’t agree with the aforementioned. We did what the asked and brought my ‘mistress’ home 3 days later.

My wife and I are long time members of the NMLRA and have been regular campers in the association's Frontier Heritage Campground. Yesterday we received the new campsite use agreement. It appears to be a multipage document obviously prepare by an attorney. I was absolutely stunned when I read it. You are required to fill out your info, initial a "Release of Liability" and then sign and date. If you don't then you will not get "permission to occupy" your campsite. I think you may find yourself as shocked as we were when you read it. I have also discovered that these changes were done without the knowledge of the several of the BODs.

As for us, we are not in agreement and refuse to sign. Therefore, we will not camp and the NMLRA will not be getting our up-front nonrefundable fees for the spring and fall shoot of approximately $800. I hope others will consider doing the same. You can also express your displeasure by emailing the BOD at [email protected].
I believe this has now been sorted out by the BOD and there is a revised agreement

Just a quick question; what type of governance (Leadership) develops a very inclusive legal document, reviews it for content and accuracy (presumably), approves it and then distributes it to membership /public, only to (rather quickly) re- develop a new legal document to replace the recently reviewed, approved, passed and distributed legal document?
Sounds rather amateurish of “Leadership” to this NMLRA member.

I believe this has now been sorted out by the BOD and there is a revised agreement
I think you mean attorney, president and executive committee. Many board members were not aware of this and the revisions until they saw it in print just like I did. Certainly a violation of the NMLRA bylaws.

I understand where Robin is coming from on this. Its sad to see what our country has turned into.

I have not seen the agreement he posted about. However, One has to wonder about a possible connection between the agreement and perhaps some insurance company(s). Not saying that is the case here, however, its no secret that insurance companies dictate much of the decision making, as well as restrictions, on most things now days. And why would that be? Lawsuits!

In short...........blood sucking attorneys.

Personally, I would not let that change my decision on participating in the event. And I certainly would not lose $800.00 dollars over it.

Also, it would behoove us to remember that there are many gun grabbers out there that wants to see any form of firearms confiscated. IMO, by not attending the event would reduce participation. We need more participation in shooting sports now more then ever. My thoughts are, don't give them what they want.
"...blood sucking attorneys" is redundant

NMLRA sounds like my feelings about the CIA and FBI, we do need them, we just don't need what we now have.
Hey, I got an idea, let's blame the lawyers!!!!! Oh, wait a minute, they just get paid to do what the BOD tells them they want, duh!
Robby

Back