• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

For the Shooter that can't decide which is best - Flint or Percussion?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a person new to muzzleloading, a caplock is much easier to learn. Flintlocks require more time and practice to master, but once mastered, are the equal to caplocks.

Could always go with a bolt on conversation.
upload_2019-8-17_23-6-19.jpeg

This contraption is available on eBay today for that shooter wanting to cover all bases. Rube Goldberg would be proud. $60 shipped. Rear sight looks unique. Would have to ask about it I guess.

I'm going to go with, the caplock side was the "primary" and in the event cap supply became an issue, he could just keep a bunch of flints on hand and prime with main charge powder.

Now, about that T/C with the "conversion" , there's guaranteed to be at LEAST one super puzzled Game Warden in PA this season during "Primitive " ie Flintlock / Iron Sight season as some hunters are gonna try to cheat by hooking that thing onto their flintlock and rolling out to hunt......hoping if they smell a game warden they can pull that manure off of there with a hand tool or Allen wrench.

I'm going to go with, the caplock side was the "primary" and in the event cap supply became an issue, he could just keep a bunch of flints on hand and prime with main charge powder.

Now, about that T/C with the "conversion" , there's guaranteed to be at LEAST one super puzzled Game Warden in PA this season during "Primitive " ie Flintlock / Iron Sight season as some hunters are gonna try to cheat by hooking that thing onto their flintlock and rolling out to hunt......hoping if they smell a game warden they can pull that manure off of there with a hand tool or Allen wrench.
Have you looked at that conversation? Pour powder in uncovered hole. Ignite the powder you poured in that hole with a percussion cap. Powder in that hole ignites and passes flames through the touch hole to ignite main charge. Can not imagine this ‘conversation’ being quicker or more efficient at igniting the main charge, nor could I imagine anyone silly enough to try it not realizing it.

Looks to me like somebody's got a sense of humor, an active imagination, some real mechanical skills, and `way too much time on their hands. O'course, that might be a new accessory kit from Jake Thompson and Sam Center ..... ?

Back