• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE For sale or trade, new/old Pedersoli .45 Percussion, 38"never fired.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks I have this rifle for sale, or trade to a nice double barrel shotgun, 12G. This is a half stock, curly cherry, late 1970's by Pedersoli and is stamped Plainsman on the barrel with a border around it. This gun has never been fired, the blue, all metal, and bore is in mint condition. The stock has a few dings from being in a large gun safe for the better part of 40 years. It has a brass trigger guard, nose cap, dove patchbox, and star on the cheekpiece. It has a single set trigger, that has to be set before cocking the hammer. The gun is light, #6 or so and balances very nicely. Every screw is blued, with file work on them. It has a Tenn style long tang with 3 screws, with some tasteful engraving on the barrel, and tang, along with the rear sight. The lock is either in the white or nickel plated, with extensive engraving on it. The under rib and ramrod ferrules is made out of brass as was common on these older rifles. The wedge pin has file work on the big and little end. The sights are a blade blue steel front, and a long target style rear, that is held on by screws, and it is screw adjustable left/right, up and down. It is blue and engraved like the barrel tang, all the bluing on the gun is high polished. It has a flash cup under the nipple. The brass has a nice patina on nearly all of it. I bought this rifle off of a friends widow, this gun was not fired, due to being a duplicate. He had several rifles that he had duplicates of, that he shot. His son kept the ones he shot, and i was able to buy 3 of the ML's. I had to buy 3 or nothing, so i did. The other two I am keeping, both Dixie Tn Mtn rifles, in .32 and .50 neither one had been fired. I am asking $650 tyd to recoup my money, or trade to a nice double barrel, like a Dixie, or Pedersoli. I have $600 invested in it and the $50 is for shipping an insurance. I can send pics/video to a email or ph#.

Sorry, but

thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg

If any phone numbers or e-mail addresses are going to be given, please do it in a private message.
I don't like to see personal information posted on the Forum for all the world to see.

As for posting pictures on the Forum, it couldn't be easier. You can "copy" and "paste" them directly into your post if they are jpeg's. You can also poke the "Attach files" button and go thru your computer or phone files to have our software upload them into your post.
If the pictures are stored on a photo hosting web site, you can paste the pictures address into your post.

Do believe this is a picture of what you're describing. Just Google Pedersoli Plainsman - lots of pics out there and it took about 60 seconds to find this and post it here. Would like to see pictures of yours.

dove.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures shown are of a Plaisman rifle, made by Pedersoli or not?, made in Italy for Replica Arms out of Marietta Ohio, Designed by Cecil Brooks. Nice sleak rifles, light weight and well appointed. This looks like a deluxe model and if in good condition should be a good shooting rifle.

Ames and you other guys, listen closely. I have told you, the rifle is new, unfired, with a mirror bore. I am not the most computer savy, but if some one will be so nice, as to type me a step by step, on how to post pics, I would really appreciate it. I resent the "don't want to give too much info" away as if I am some type of con artist. Pm me and I will give you my ph# good enough. I had 3 strokes in one day, over 2 years ago, and my comprehension is not as good as It used to be, therefore I ask you to help me post the pics, or learn how, instead of making behind the hand remarks. As a result of my strokes, I am 85% paralyzed on my right leg, and right hand about 50%. I would think the members on here were a little more polite but that may not be the case.

The rifle I have mirrors the one posted, but not as much engraving, tastefully done. The majority of the curl, is in the buttstock, and as you move the stock left to right, it appears like a flame, I think that is the term. It is high polish and blued, several guys on here have already received pics, and a video, maybe some of them will chip in or share the pics.

Some pics of it

Attachments

• 1CDBE81C-BD54-4480-9BD2-1D6E6CC870E2.jpeg
    1CDBE81C-BD54-4480-9BD2-1D6E6CC870E2.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 3B48686F-8392-4FBC-8712-ED83E5FF4B2C.jpeg
    3B48686F-8392-4FBC-8712-ED83E5FF4B2C.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 275
  • C8417CAA-41C2-4CDB-81C6-20BB8DB614C1.jpeg
    C8417CAA-41C2-4CDB-81C6-20BB8DB614C1.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 251
  • A26A12B7-FC17-460A-9635-359A8B91A9BF.jpeg