• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD For Sale CVA .58 Big bore Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can find no marks on the barrel indicating caliber, origin, proof, nothing. It was represented to me as a flintlock made by CVA and called the Mountain Rifle. It is identical to other CVA Mtn Rifles I've seen except there is no patchbox and the caliber is indeed .58. I've shot it very little. I'm not a huge fan of rock locks but I did want to see how accurate the arm is. Very, in my judgement. 1 turn in 70" roundball barrel. I'm told these are Douglas Barrels but I do not know that for fact. What I know is, the lock sparks well, the rifle fires without hesitation, it's accurate with an adjustable rear and german silver front sight. It's relatively lightweight and has a very nice American Maple stock with browned barrel and hardware. I'm including a CVA percussion lock should the new owner wish to convert to percussion. Asking $450.00 plus shipping. I am conflicted about selling but have an opportunity to buy a PH Musketoon and I'd rather have that... photos will follow. Files are currently too large

DSC04032-1a.jpg
DSC04034-1a.jpg
DSC04035-1a.jpg
index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
Are you close to Upper Michigan? I have a 62 Richmond/Armi-Sport with strap and bayonet in ex. cond.. Been trying to find someone who's in reenacting with a possible trade.

Are you close to Upper Michigan? I have a 62 Richmond/Armi-Sport with strap and bayonet in ex. cond.. Been trying to find someone who's in reenacting with a possible trade.
can you send pictures? Thank you. I’m in Colorado so not very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back