• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Food grade wax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBack

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I shoot cap and ball. Recently, I was eating some "baby bell" cheese. They are small, cheese wheels, wrapped in wax. I started saving the wax. Very soft wax and malleable with your fingers. Seems to me, good to use for a between the powder and ball, or over the cylinder seal. Anyone else use food grade wax?

Never tried the Baby Bell wax. I've been told that the hard red wax used to seal bottles of Maker's Mark Bourbon makes a great addition to certain bullet lubes. As a result...I've tried to do all I can to accumulate a good supply...:rolleyes:..Just in case. :thumb:
Now I have (another) reason to drink! :)

We have an array of candles and I save an reuse the wax trimmings as well as experiment different formulas for weapon protection and lubricant. I have seen those baby bell cheeses, but never had any. Now, my once a month shopping list will have some on the list for the wax.

The wax on cheese and that seals wine bottles is bees wax. Paraffin also comes in food grade, used in canning so it can be misleading saying food grade. I had the wife start saving the cheese off of cheese since she really likes cheese allot. If I could only find it.

We have an array of candles and I save an reuse the wax trimmings as well as experiment different formulas for weapon protection and lubricant. I have seen those baby bell cheeses, but never had any. Now, my once a month shopping list will have some on the list for the wax.
Damn good cheese! Plus, another reason to buy some!

I made a horn drinking cup. If you have ever drank from a horn you will know why the Vikings left the north. They heard England had pewter cups. Beer and horn is nasty and outlawed by the Geneva convention.
However baby bell minies wax was very good liner. I have another horn I’m thinking about using. I had given that one away on a blanket shoot.

Back