• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Follow up to pre load jitters 12 gage posted on 16 Nov 22

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
UPDATE: Just got in fm range firing percussion coach for first time. Golly do I love IT!!

My take aways: I used 2.75 drams of 2ff and same amount of 7.5 shot. I loaded per Circle Fly Wad recommendations. 1/ Powder 2/ nitro card 3/ fiber wad (which I cut in half after first round) 4/ shot 5/ overshot card. I used a .625 dowel rod to ram things down. When loading the nitro card I ran into a bit of awkwardness trying to get card started. I will make a starter using about an 8” long .625 dowel and attach a wooden ball on it. I know this will help loading the nitro card and overshot card.

I initially tried the musket cap ¼-28 nipples and still managed to get some cap burns on left palm area, even thought I was wearing a heavy coat. I changed out nipples to #10 caps but realized caps burns may happen but not as bad as musket caps. I entertained getting some leather sleeve cuffs but don’t think that would prevent getting a ‘med rare’ palm. Hand placement is gotta be a new muscle memory. My brain is 20k memory and non-expandable. I guess I’m gonna have to let go of Betty Grable’s measurements. Darn.

Anyway thanks for reading as I don’t have a lot of folks locally to share with. And take it from me, You have not fully awakened your spirit until you pair up with a muzzle loading 12 gage. Jerry

Back