• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Folding table

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Can youse guys steer me in the direction of a good set of plans for building a folding camp table, not necessarily period correct for the 18th century, but something a little crude I can make out of pine? Any links would be appreciated!

Do a search on line, there are a lot of different plans sure you can find one suitable, just type in folding camp table plans.

Can youse guys steer me in the direction of a good set of plans for building a folding camp table, not necessarily period correct for the 18th century, but something a little crude I can make out of pine? Any links would be appreciated!

Here is one that you could adjust to be more stable on the ground instead of a floor in a dwelling. Would make for a decent small desk
Small Folding Table

Here is a video on making a small, "folding table." It's actually what a lot of us use for folding stools, though when you're like me a built like Santa 🎅, you want to use some hardwood to support the weight. You can scale this UP and have a folding table. I know as I've done both, made the stools and the tables. ;)
Folding Wood Table Video

Here is a very stable "dinner table" design. Drawback: It does not collapse much. (You could likely come up with a method to put a hinge in the middle.) Advantage: Very sturdy (might be less weight capacity if you made it fold in the middle)
Dinner Table w/folding legs

LD

Here is one that you could adjust to be more stable on the ground instead of a floor in a dwelling. Would make for a decent small desk
Small Folding Table

Here is a video on making a small, "folding table." It's actually what a lot of us use for folding stools, though when you're like me a built like Santa 🎅, you want to use some hardwood to support the weight. You can scale this UP and have a folding table. I know as I've done both, made the stools and the tables. ;)
Folding Wood Table Video

Here is a very stable "dinner table" design. Drawback: It does not collapse much. (You could likely come up with a method to put a hinge in the middle.) Advantage: Very sturdy (might be less weight capacity if you made it fold in the middle)
Dinner Table w/folding legs

LD
Thanks for the links, Dave.

I have a great idea for a table for you. I myself use the Coleman aluminum folding table on my camping trip, I don't think you will have any trouble making it. But you can make it out of pine. I like it very much:).

Haunt the antique and junk shops, look for a portable folding sewing table, they are light,sturdy and well made. Been using one for years. Sand off the measuring marks on the top re-finish fits right in.

Nice timing on the thread topic. I need some camp furnishings and this thread got me thinking. Rode by a local development project and asked the Contractor if I could have the large 12’ long pallets siding is delivered on. He was glad to get rid of them saying they took up to much room in his $500 a pull dumpsters. The pallet skids are untreated “landscape timber” type wood but the slats are 5/8”X3 1/2”ish rough that should make nice stool or table tops.

Big thanks to @ Loyalist Dave for sharing the dimensions of a Dinner Table with w/folding legs. I will use them to make a table for my backyard. The old one is too ugly to use, and I decided to make a new one from lumber I got after removing a large pine in my backyard last year.

Big thanks to @ Loyalist Dave for sharing the dimensions of a Dinner Table with w/folding legs. I will use them to make a table for my backyard. The old one is too ugly to use, and I decided to make a new one from lumber I got after removing a large pine in my backyard last year.
I’ve already got a couple of new chairs, and I want to use the time I have this winter to make the table myself. I want it to match the chairs I got because I greatly like them. You can see this here if you want to know where I got them from. The set I got set was not expensive but very cute.

Back