Folding table

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Jaeger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Can youse guys steer me in the direction of a good set of plans for building a folding camp table, not necessarily period correct for the 18th century, but something a little crude I can make out of pine? Any links would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Do a search on line, there are a lot of different plans sure you can find one suitable, just type in folding camp table plans.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Can youse guys steer me in the direction of a good set of plans for building a folding camp table, not necessarily period correct for the 18th century, but something a little crude I can make out of pine? Any links would be appreciated!

Here is one that you could adjust to be more stable on the ground instead of a floor in a dwelling. Would make for a decent small desk
Small Folding Table

Here is a video on making a small, "folding table." It's actually what a lot of us use for folding stools, though when you're like me a built like Santa 🎅, you want to use some hardwood to support the weight. You can scale this UP and have a folding table. I know as I've done both, made the stools and the tables. ;)
Folding Wood Table Video

Here is a very stable "dinner table" design. Drawback: It does not collapse much. (You could likely come up with a method to put a hinge in the middle.) Advantage: Very sturdy (might be less weight capacity if you made it fold in the middle)
Dinner Table w/folding legs

LD

Jaeger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is one that you could adjust to be more stable on the ground instead of a floor in a dwelling. Would make for a decent small desk
Small Folding Table

Here is a video on making a small, "folding table." It's actually what a lot of us use for folding stools, though when you're like me a built like Santa 🎅, you want to use some hardwood to support the weight. You can scale this UP and have a folding table. I know as I've done both, made the stools and the tables. ;)
Folding Wood Table Video

Here is a very stable "dinner table" design. Drawback: It does not collapse much. (You could likely come up with a method to put a hinge in the middle.) Advantage: Very sturdy (might be less weight capacity if you made it fold in the middle)
Dinner Table w/folding legs

LD
Thanks for the links, Dave.

Martinhar43

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have a great idea for a table for you. I myself use the Coleman aluminum folding table on my camping trip, I don't think you will have any trouble making it. But you can make it out of pine. I like it very much:).

Reaction score
Haunt the antique and junk shops, look for a portable folding sewing table, they are light,sturdy and well made. Been using one for years. Sand off the measuring marks on the top re-finish fits right in.

Latest posts