• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

folding leaf target sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a jeager .50 cal percussion rifle i use for shooting on my league it has a 31"rice swamped barrel that i am having jason at rice build me a new barrel for actually it's built i just sent the rear sight which is a folding double leaf sight that was on a old rifle this particular sight was in a base that was soldered on the barrel of the old rifle anyway i had a very hard time trying to find a good quality folding leaf sight for this gun just seems like nobody makes one they have them at tow but there a cast piece that many have told me don't last.i know this piece is not a traditional piece but older jeagers did have folding leaf rear sights on them. any thoughts on the issue ? thanks!!

older jeagers did have folding leaf rear sights on them

Just some. As with anything through history, things were personalized and modified to suit whoever owned it. As a general statement that would be incorrect.
Best bet for folding leaf sights would be a gun show. There is always a dealer, or more that has boxes of parts. Rummage around in those and you can find nearly anything you need, gun-wise.

no iv'e looked at all those sites i was looking for a dovetail type folding two leaf yeager sight that's not a cast piece of junk a real quality steel sight. i have found something that will work from a rifle. i was really trying to say it's just hard to find good quality parts or it's even harder to find someone that can build something for you. thanks !!

I have a hard copy of the S&S catalog. I found folding leaf sights from looking at the parts breakdown for various models of rifles.

thanks for the replies i already found one off an old safari rifle. in general these parts are very difficult to find and it is almost impossible to get anybody to make anything. i'll post a pic when i get my barrel back from rice.

muzzlestuffer2012 said:
already looked for hours and hours could not find what i was looking for.i did find something i'm going to use so thanks !

Day after your first post I went to a local gun show. Sure enuf, one dealer had piles of 'stuff'. I saw several folder sights that might work for you. Oh, well. :doh:

bummer but i needed mine in kind of a hurry have to get my rifle back together as that's my target rifle for my matches. i am putting together a t/c big boar right now so i may have to use that in a pinch.

Back