• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Florida * St. Pete/Wimauma/N.Brooksville/WeekiWachee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShootistJack

To Hunt Is To Live
Reaction score
Hello All,

My 2nd post on Muzzle Loading Forum dot Com. So the four places that I've named in the title,
St. Pete east to Wimauma, north to N. Brooksville, west to Weeki Wachee basically make a
rectangle on the map that I can get around in easily. If any flintlock users want to help me learn
learn more about such rifles for white-tailed deer hunting I'd be appreciative. Percussion rifles
are all that I have experience with. I think I'd enjoy attending one of the big rendezvous as well.
The picture below is a T/C .54 F/L that's really drawn my attention. A "caution" has reached me,
that any of the guns with mass produced locks may need to have their locks pulled out, so that
a quality lock from L& R [ lr-rpl.com ] can be installed.
ThompsonCenter .54 Flintlock.png

Last edited:
I'm Absolutely Interested!!! Can you provide the date?
I entered Florida Frontiersmen on google maps and it shows you all! (See attachment)
Is the location South of Route 640 and North of Route 630 and just west of Route 98?
FloridaFrontirmen On Google Maps.png

Next Saturday 6/4 is the Florida Frontiersmens monthly shoot. Gates open at 8
I'm planning to be there early Sat. morning with my new to me flintlock that I bought from MARTIN9 on
this forum. It's about a 75 mile drive for me. I'm north west of where I see the range on google maps.
😁 👍
MyFlintlock RightSide.png
MyFlintlock LeftSide.png

Last edited:
Jack, to answer your original question...No, you do not normally have to remove a TC lock and replace it to get reliable ignition and to enjoy shooting the gun. SOMETIMES you may have a "lemon lock" that needs enough work tuning it up that it would be faster and probably cheaper to simply replace the lock with something from L&R. Having said that, you should know that I did get an L&R lock once that needed a good bit of tuning itself but, at least I was able to send it back to L&R and they did what was needed for free.

I needed to travel nearly two hours to get to the range and to my AirBnB.
I didn't get a message that EVERYTHING was postponed, just the meeting,
so I'm in Eagle Lake NOW, in my very nice and useless rented room. Oh well...
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 11.33.34 PM.png

Next Saturday 6/4 is the Florida Frontiersmens monthly shoot. Gates open at 8
Must a participant dress in period attire? I know it adds to the color, but my re-enacting days (ACW) are over and I just acquired a shortened Charleville musket, It would be nice to be able to do something a little more fun than just "go to the range". Thanks.

Attachments

• 1B7FC41F-5182-4FCC-9F77-A3D0A4B3A302.jpeg
    1B7FC41F-5182-4FCC-9F77-A3D0A4B3A302.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 0
No this is a monthly shoot. No need for period attire. The shoot has been pushed back to next weekend because of the threat of bad weather

I met several great people at the club on Sat. 6/4 even though there was no shooting. These club members were informative and welcoming toward me. I am sure I'll be back as the months roll along. I'm very glad that I got myself there, and I'm glad that flconch35 brought up the idea back on 4/27 !

Back