Florida Bound

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by OLD208X3A, Jun 30, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jun 30, 2019 #1

OLD208X3A

OLD208X3A

OLD208X3A

Pilgrim

I'm moving from AZ where there is plenty of room to shoot to Florida. Seems as though the state is a lot more populated than when I left to go in the military many years ago. Is there a big community for muzzle loading in Florida? I see a lot from Georgia and the Carolinas but not so much in Florida. Thanks!

2. Jul 3, 2019 #2

bendback

bendback

bendback

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

Where are you moving to in FL?

3. Jul 3, 2019 #3

OLD208X3A

OLD208X3A

OLD208X3A

Pilgrim

Moving just a bit north of West Palm Beach. Have a lot to learn about Florida's rules and regulations. Thanks

4. Jul 4, 2019 #4

D. Buck Stopshere

D. Buck Stopshere

D. Buck Stopshere

36 Cal.

OLD208X3A,

FL has a great bunch of muzzleloading activity around the state. The NMLRA sponsors 13 muzzle loading clubs.

In addition, in January, the Alafia Rendezvous attracts hundreds of buckskinners from all over the Southeast, as it has done for decades. Dates for 2020 are January 15-26th. The NMLRA also sponsors the "Florida Territorial Matches". The dates are usually in April.

You can contact Donald A. Richards, who is the State Field Rep Coordinator for the NMLRA in Melbourne. He directs 11 Field Reps around the state.

Email him at: drichard2@clf.rr.com. Phone: (321) 794-7267

He's also my "boss" as he also oversees the Field Reps in the Southeastern US for the NMLRA. Membership in the NMLRA is not required to participate in the clubs, the matches or rendezvous, its strictly voluntary.

Donald can give you the scoop about Florida, firearms, and what to expect around the state. Tell him, I recommended you to him. Good luck!

Buck Buchanan
    Field Rep - NC
    NMLRA

5. Jul 4, 2019 #5

OLD208X3A

OLD208X3A

OLD208X3A

Pilgrim

That is outstanding info, sir. Thank you very much for that

6. Jul 6, 2019 #6

smo

smo

smo

70 Cal. MLF Supporter

Don’t forget about the Alafia River Rendezvous , one of the largest rendezvous this side of the Mississippi !

It’s just NW of West Palm / St. Lucie area.

It’s put in by the Fl. Frontiersmen each year, January if memory serves me correctly.

It’s well worth the ride over, tons of Vendors as well as shooting.

There was a club in the Stuart/ St. Lucie area as well, I’m not sure if it’s still there or not.

Just follow Bucks advice and you can’t go wrong.

Good Luck

swathdiver likes this.
  7. Jul 20, 2019 at 3:44 AM #7

swathdiver

swathdiver

swathdiver

45 Cal.

Check out the Treasure Coast Muzzleloading Club, they have their own range in Hobe Sound I believe. Some fellas on here are long time members of the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, not a muzzleloader club per se but they have great facilities that also cater to smoke poles and cap and ball pistol shooters.

What town are you calling home now?