• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Florida Bound

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD208X3A

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm moving from AZ where there is plenty of room to shoot to Florida. Seems as though the state is a lot more populated than when I left to go in the military many years ago. Is there a big community for muzzle loading in Florida? I see a lot from Georgia and the Carolinas but not so much in Florida. Thanks!

Moving just a bit north of West Palm Beach. Have a lot to learn about Florida's rules and regulations. Thanks

OLD208X3A,

FL has a great bunch of muzzleloading activity around the state. The NMLRA sponsors 13 muzzle loading clubs.

In addition, in January, the Alafia Rendezvous attracts hundreds of buckskinners from all over the Southeast, as it has done for decades. Dates for 2020 are January 15-26th. The NMLRA also sponsors the "Florida Territorial Matches". The dates are usually in April.

You can contact Donald A. Richards, who is the State Field Rep Coordinator for the NMLRA in Melbourne. He directs 11 Field Reps around the state.

Email him at: [email protected]. Phone: (321) 794-7267

He's also my "boss" as he also oversees the Field Reps in the Southeastern US for the NMLRA. Membership in the NMLRA is not required to participate in the clubs, the matches or rendezvous, its strictly voluntary.

Donald can give you the scoop about Florida, firearms, and what to expect around the state. Tell him, I recommended you to him. Good luck!

Buck Buchanan
Field Rep - NC
NMLRA

Don’t forget about the Alafia River Rendezvous , one of the largest rendezvous this side of the Mississippi !

It’s just NW of West Palm / St. Lucie area.

It’s put in by the Fl. Frontiersmen each year, January if memory serves me correctly.

It’s well worth the ride over, tons of Vendors as well as shooting.

There was a club in the Stuart/ St. Lucie area as well, I’m not sure if it’s still there or not.

Just follow Bucks advice and you can’t go wrong.

Good Luck

Moving just a bit north of West Palm Beach. Have a lot to learn about Florida's rules and regulations. Thanks

Check out the Treasure Coast Muzzleloading Club, they have their own range in Hobe Sound I believe. Some fellas on here are long time members of the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, not a muzzleloader club per se but they have great facilities that also cater to smoke poles and cap and ball pistol shooters.

What town are you calling home now?

I live in Dade City Florida i think the closes one to me is Florida Frontiersmen , I know they shoot the first sat of every month but tring to find a time and how much to shoot

Latest posts

Back