• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Up until my last order from totw i gettin 40 or more shots on a flint befor i had to nap or replace
The lastest flints i've gotton lasting 10 or so -
Tom fuller flints
Anyone have a source for other decent flints to try
Seems i having to start wiping my frizzen morecas well to get sparks

I still have over a dozen of Rich Pierces Flints. Too bad he does't make them anymore. They are(were) the best.

Tom Fuller has a reputation for making some of the best flints. I'm sure that there are others but I don't know any specific places to recommend. I bought a bunch of flints from Dixie Gun Works one time when I was driving through union City. I made the mistake of buying a bunch of the less expensive ones and they were crappy. Then on another trip their way, I bought a bunch of the more expensive ones and they were pretty good. If I am not mistaken, they said that the more expensive ones were English in origin. The English and French flints seem to be the best. Those flints from American seem to not be as hard as the English and French flints. I always prefer to buy American products when I can but, in this case, I lean toward the English flints because they last better than the American flints and are less expensive than the French flints.

Well, the English DID burn down DC so their "stuff" had to have been first rate. But DC grew back so their job on it was only so-so.

Latest posts

Back