• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FLINTS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do not know if flints are in short supply. I ordered some from a guy named GRIZZ and they looked good as far as my knowledge goes. Found him on the SASS WIRE FORUM. He said he had a plenty.

Plenty near me.
CE059850-6C7C-4EEC-98CA-240A1CDABFC8.jpeg

Is Track of The Wolf out of them? I havent ordered any in a while as I have plenty for my needs..

A while back there was a shortage and from what I heard this weekend none have been coming over be from Europe.

I loaded up when I found them Saturday.

I ordered flints from Track a couple weeks back… They had a limit of 1 dozen per order at that time… But had black English flints in supply.

Do not know if flints are in short supply. I ordered some from a guy named GRIZZ and they looked good as far as my knowledge goes. Found him on the SASS WIRE FORUM. He said he had a plenty.
That is why it makes so much sense to learn how to knapp arrow heads and spear points. Good gun flints by comparison are quite easy to make from the waste chert one has from point making and you'll never run out.

No natural flint within about 500 miles or more. I'd love to find a spot where I could collect a few nodes and work on developing knapping skill. I know I can practice on beer bottles, but they don't spark worth a damn.

having cap guns doesn't make you a bad person. I sure have plenty of them. LOL. I don't know how long that a flint last's? do you mean how many firing's or the test of time.?

having cap guns doesn't make you a bad person. I sure have plenty of them. LOL. I don't know how long that a flint last's? do you mean how many firing's or the test of time.?
Nice to know I'm not a bad guy :thumb: I have couple of flintlocks and like them but if you like revolvers:horseback: you are pretty much stuck with caps😅

Back