FLINTS

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

COTNTOP

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Do not know if flints are in short supply. I ordered some from a guy named GRIZZ and they looked good as far as my knowledge goes. Found him on the SASS WIRE FORUM. He said he had a plenty.

Sidney Smith

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Is Track of The Wolf out of them? I havent ordered any in a while as I have plenty for my needs..

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
A while back there was a shortage and from what I heard this weekend none have been coming over be from Europe.

I loaded up when I found them Saturday.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered flints from Track a couple weeks back… They had a limit of 1 dozen per order at that time… But had black English flints in supply.

M. De Land

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Do not know if flints are in short supply. I ordered some from a guy named GRIZZ and they looked good as far as my knowledge goes. Found him on the SASS WIRE FORUM. He said he had a plenty.
That is why it makes so much sense to learn how to knapp arrow heads and spear points. Good gun flints by comparison are quite easy to make from the waste chert one has from point making and you'll never run out.

Dibbuk

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
No natural flint within about 500 miles or more. I'd love to find a spot where I could collect a few nodes and work on developing knapping skill. I know I can practice on beer bottles, but they don't spark worth a damn.

7of7

Pilgrim
Reaction score
So how long does a flint last? (I have cap guns..)

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
having cap guns doesn't make you a bad person. I sure have plenty of them. LOL. I don't know how long that a flint last's? do you mean how many firing's or the test of time.?

Whitworth

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Elk Ridge Mountain, Washington County Maryland
having cap guns doesn't make you a bad person. I sure have plenty of them. LOL. I don't know how long that a flint last's? do you mean how many firing's or the test of time.?
Nice to know I'm not a bad guy :thumb: I have couple of flintlocks and like them but if you like revolvers:horseback: you are pretty much stuck with caps😅