Flintlocks rifles, win the war

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Rató:rats

40 Cal
Reaction score
Simply put.

The "Indians" have a secure homeland it's called The United States of America or Canada depending on where they reside.

Native American's have a long proud history of sacrificing their lives to protect their respective homelands and are still prepared to do so, even to this day whether they serve under the Stars and Stripes or the Maple Leaf.

I have Creek and Cherokee running through my veins and I am thankful that that part of my ancestry was subjugated by a moral and just people. Was it perfect? No, but there is enough shame and blame to go around for all the cultures involved, yet the greatness of these combined cultures remains.

Napoleon was defeated in Russia in the Winter of 12 & 13. He eventually abdicated the throne and fled to exile in Corsica. The allies tried to set up a puppet Bourbon State in Paris. In early 1815 Napoleon escaped his exile and reorganized his army ultimately to be defeated in June 1815. The War in America was over by February 1815. So Waterloo occurred after the War of 1812.

Tippecanoe occurred in November of 1811 while Tecumseh was down south trying to garner the support of the southern nations. Harrison led a force and camped nearby. Harrison had made arrangements to meet with the "Prophet" the next day Nov 7 1811.
Indian warriors attacked Harrison's camp on the morning of the 7th before dawn. While warriors did infiltrate the camp, they were eventually repulsed by the Americans but with heavy casualties. In this engagement Harrison suffered more loss than the "Prophet". When Harrisom decided to move on Tippecanoe or Prophetstown he found it abandoned. The stores of corn were taken by the army and the town was burned.
It was a tactical victory as the ultimate goal was the dispersion of the Indian alliance at Tippecanoe although Harrison suffered more loss.
Prophetstown was later rebuilt so this was only a minor set back for Tecumseh's Pan Indian Alliance. Soon after Indian warriors were loosed in the North West causing much bloodshed.

This occurred before The War of 1812.
Brant died in 1807.

In part due to the savagery of the Indian Wars in the Northwest and The Southwest during The War of 1812, the US "plan for civilization" was abandoned for the alternative of Indian Removal and ultimately the Reservation System.

As far as might makes right...you better believe it. I'm glad the "might" was right. I believe that because of the terrible regimes that came later. Regimes represented by the Swastika, the Rising Sun or the Red Star. I much prefer the "might" of the Maple Leaf and the Stars and Stripes to those regimes.
Moral and just people;
With Creek and Cherokee ancestry I’m surprised at your opinion. See Trail of Tears. If that’s moral or just I hope you’re not on the jury if I’m ever in court.

FlinterNick

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Fo
Simply put.

The "Indians" have a secure homeland it's called The United States of America or Canada depending on where they reside.

Native American's have a long proud history of sacrificing their lives to protect their respective homelands and are still prepared to do so, even to this day whether they serve under the Stars and Stripes or the Maple Leaf.

I have Creek and Cherokee running through my veins and I am thankful that that part of my ancestry was subjugated by a moral and just people. Was it perfect? No, but there is enough shame and blame to go around for all the cultures involved, yet the greatness of these combined cultures remains.

Napoleon was defeated in Russia in the Winter of 12 & 13. He eventually abdicated the throne and fled to exile in Corsica. The allies tried to set up a puppet Bourbon State in Paris. In early 1815 Napoleon escaped his exile and reorganized his army ultimately to be defeated in June 1815. The War in America was over by February 1815. So Waterloo occurred after the War of 1812.

Tippecanoe occurred in November of 1811 while Tecumseh was down south trying to garner the support of the southern nations. Harrison led a force and camped nearby. Harrison had made arrangements to meet with the "Prophet" the next day Nov 7 1811.
Indian warriors attacked Harrison's camp on the morning of the 7th before dawn. While warriors did infiltrate the camp, they were eventually repulsed by the Americans but with heavy casualties. In this engagement Harrison suffered more loss than the "Prophet". When Harrisom decided to move on Tippecanoe or Prophetstown he found it abandoned. The stores of corn were taken by the army and the town was burned.
It was a tactical victory as the ultimate goal was the dispersion of the Indian alliance at Tippecanoe although Harrison suffered more loss.
Prophetstown was later rebuilt so this was only a minor set back for Tecumseh's Pan Indian Alliance. Soon after Indian warriors were loosed in the North West causing much bloodshed.

This occurred before The War of 1812.
Brant died in 1807.

In part due to the savagery of the Indian Wars in the Northwest and The Southwest during The War of 1812, the US "plan for civilization" was abandoned for the alternative of Indian Removal and ultimately the Reservation System.

As far as might makes right...you better believe it. I'm glad the "might" was right. I believe that because of the terrible regimes that came later. Regimes represented by the Swastika, the Rising Sun or the Red Star. I much prefer the "might" of the Maple Leaf and the Stars and Stripes to those regimes.
I find almost insulting when people say that the battle of New Orleans was a worthless victory for the Americans because there was a peace settlement before the battle occured. Some relevant points.

1. The British invested heavily in divesting the American claim on New Orleans, for years before the War of 1812 the British Navy monitored trade in the Caribbean between the Caribbean and New Orleans, theres a reason why they call New Orleans the northern most Caribbean city. When NO was under French ownership the British had eyeballed it as a likely aquisition in the ongoing French Revolutionary Wars and Napoleonic Wars. Lastly on this point, controlling New Orleans meant controlling a critical trade route in North American, all aspects of trade, including trade with Spanish Territory, a prospective Native American State and far more yielding America. Point being, the British always had aspirations of owning New Orleans. It would have been the hong Kong of the West.

2. The. War of 1812 was an unwanted war for both Americans and British, there was minimal support for it in the North, which is why the militia was very unreliable in the Canadian Invasion, nobody other that the politicians in DC wanted Canada. The War of 1812 had more to do with breaking the chains of sovereignty that the British had denied the Americans since the end of the American Revolutionary War, the Jay Treaty, the Northwest Indian War were all preludes that were intended to avoid conflicts on a greater scale.

3. The War of 1812 was the final conflict of the American Revolutionary War, and final colonial War of North America. The border between Quebec/Canada and the Ohio territories had been disputed in almost every single North American conflict for 100 years prior to the War of 1812. It was a necessary war to define what North American was to be in modern times.

4. On the battle of NO, the end of 1814 was a now or never moment for the British, the British had failed at Plattsburgh and Baltimore and needed leverage before the treaty was ratified in congress or if it had failed ratification. General Packenham had secret orders to execute military operations regardless of what was occurring at the peace table. New Orleans was a logical choice.

5. British intel on the topography of New Orleans and tides was poor, the British attacked at what they thought was low tide, limiting their advance on the outer bank of the American flank, the timing was just poor.

6. The Americans had recruited an army made up of mostly native americans and freedmen of color, mulatos, and conscripted slaves, Cajuns and convicts and pirates, not your typical militia. Most of these folks have been under several nations of leadership and were very comfortable with the freedoms aforded to them by their American governors. The British were a threat to private property.

7. Rifles did not win the day for the Americans, it was bad decision by the British and marching Directly into grape shot and buck and ball rounds. Slaves also played a major part of hte battle, digging the trenches and were armed for the fight and had contributed to much of the Bravery of the battle For the American side. These generations of slaves and freedmen of color would make up the very first commissioned black officers in the American military.

FlinterNick

50 Cal.
Reaction score
The Battle was fought after the British surrender the war to the US. So how does that count?
15000 British Red Coats and American Regulars and Miltia gathered on Chalemete field to fight for ownership of New Orleans... 2,000 British were killed wounded and captured with three generals wounded and two dead.

the battle happened therefore it counted as having Occurred. There are no asterisks in War, men died fighting Following their orders.

nhmoose

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Men died fighting For a war that had already ended. Yes it was a tragedy but the war was over before it happened. Don't get your panties in a wad over FACT

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Men died fighting For a war that had already ended. Yes it was a tragedy but the war was over before it happened. Don't get your panties in a wad over FACT
What were they supposed to do? The Telegraph wouldn't be invented until 1844 and carrier pigeons were an unreliable way to transmit messages from Washington to New Orleans. No one in Louisiana knew the "war had ended".

You've got a large number of British marching towards New Orleans with every intention of taking it. Also there was a large number of Americans bound and determined that the British wouldn't be allowed to succeed. Thousands died as a result.

IMO, just because some people over 1,300 miles away decided to stop fighting it doesn't change the fact that the men on both sides present during the battle of New Orleans were still at war. Because of this, I consider the battle to be a part of the war of 1812.

FlinterNick

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Your cancel culture views are just plain nonsense. Fact the battle happened bc a state of war existed between Britain and America.