• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock vs Percussion ends Sept. 30, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least he is on Team Flintlock! and he is still a young guy so he should be able to see better than us old folks. I might be able to shoot that kind of group off the bench. Offhand, I need to practice a whole lot more to get to that level of shooting! I like these contests they have made me realize just how much I need to shoot offhand.

You guys are funny. I know of many guys older than me that can shoot tighter groups than that. I never shoot off the bench so.... offhand is what I'm used to. Honestly, I know I could do better, I was in the sun and the target was shaded so, I was struggling to see the x. The chances that I was aming in the exact same spot all three shots are slim.
Whith that said... Thank you! and I am proud to represent the rocklocks. :bow:

Hmmmm.... just sitting here wondering if I put my info on the back of the target!?!?! :idunno: At least I have photographic proof of it here.....

You just like makin' things hard for me, don't ya?
I'll figger out whose target it is one way or another. :slap:

Shot.. :grin: finally... :haha:
The target should get there in time...

I came home early this week, my truck broke down last night . . . so when I got home last night, I had a bunch of targets waiting for me! :bow:

Just waiting on the mail today!

I hope to get the last three targets from:

hanshi
luie b
Many Klatch

I may even get out, and see if I can do better . . .

Remember the rules are TARGETS MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPT 30, that's today!

I'm so proud of myself! My wife calls me the great procrastinator. THis time I was one of the first ones!! :grin:

A laid down after lunch for my siesta, and my dog started barking, but the driveway alarm did not go off, so I knew the mail had arrived!

In it was only one envelope (Besides some junk mail) and it was my property tax bill!

So . . . since I have no more targets to score and post, I'll go ahead and end the cappers with these WONDERFUL results!

I included the closest to center shot you made, ("Best") just for fun! Plus the real number which is the total of all three shots!

Picture14-1.png

Good shooting team, you made me proud to be your captain!

Not shot, or lost in the mail:
hanshi
luie b
Many Klatch

Unable to shoot:
Vtsmoker - Washed out by Irene!
Otter - Mother Passed on.

I'm working on a team virtual trail walk . . .

And here are some great targets! :applause:

FIRST PLACE:
CapContest1.jpg

A VERY CLOSE Second Place (even though his "X" was a bit off, I fixed that!):
CapContest2.jpg

And a VERY respectable Third Place, and the closest to center for one shot:
CapContest3.jpg

Now it is just waiting to see how those rock smashers did . . . :idunno:

I mailed both contests in the same day and Swampy says he's recieved his, so Jethro should have recieved mine by now also. Crossed fingers. I think team flintlock has given Macon Due a few extra days so he can use his new rifle. So maybe he will give some folks a extra day.

I think Macon was given some extra time on the Alien invasion, not this one, as he is not even signed up for this one . . . :v

Well, looks like you pesky capsmackers done whupped us... THIS TIME...

Team flint had some mighty respectable scores and some mighty respectable groups too. Some of us, myself included, just need to file a little more on our sights and get them groups more toward the center. :idunno:

Team Flint 2011 scores

1. Flash 1969... Best .365 ... Total 1.468
2. Deadeye... Best .357 ...Total 1.813
3. Skychief... Best .343 ...Total 2.083
4. Roy... Best .316 ...Total 2.144
5. T.O. ...Best .530 ...Total 2.195
6. Hanshi ...Best .619 ...Total 3.224
7. CADDO... Best .919 ...Total 3.914
8. Many Klatch... Best .579 ...Total 3.959
9. DANSCOTTGERM... Best .643 ...Total 4.269
10. Skunkskinner... Best 1.252 ...Total 4.436
11. Makeumsmoke... Best 1.278 ...Total 4.445
12. Jethro224... Best 1.200 ...Total 4.853
13. PeteD... Best .871 ...Total 5.747
14. PaulN/KS... Best 1.090 ...Total 5.616
15. Chance... Best 1.599 ...Total 5.625
16. Maven... Best 1.572 ...Total 6.087
17. RC... Best 2.463 ...Total 8.155

AVERAGE = 4.120"

Not bad shootin' at all fellers, even if them rascals with their new-fangled cap-bustin' rifle-guns done shot a little bit better.

The flint team had quite a few smoothbore shooters. The team turned in some real tight groups too. Just not quite on the X...
You should see RC's smoothbore group! Ya can dang near cover it with a quarter! :shocked2:

Thanks for playing guys! :hatsoff:
It's been fun. And we had a good turn-out too.

Grats to team Caplock! :hatsoff:
We'll beat y'all next time... :wink:

armakiller said:
I mailed both contests in the same day and Swampy says he's recieved his, so Jethro should have recieved mine by now also. Crossed fingers.

Nothin'. :idunno:

Jethro224 said:
Well, looks like you pesky capsmackers done whupped us... THIS TIME...

Thanks for playing guys! :hatsoff:
It's been fun. And we had a good turn-out too.

Grats to team Caplock! :hatsoff:
We'll beat y'all next time... :wink:

Well . . . since there can only be one winning team . . . I'm glad I was on it! But . . . The flinchers did come in second place though!

It was FUN, and we did have a good turnout, I'm glad we had so much participation! And some good "real proof" shooting too!

The next team shoot is a trail walk, come on over with your bag and gun, and enjoy the FUN! :grin:

Dang :( and it was a good group too. :shake:. If it gets there today how about letting me know how I did?.

Latest posts

Back