• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock vs Percussion ends Sept. 30, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making it your best shot(s) is interesting . . . but the real test is pulling out your gun, shooting three shots, and calling it good, some of you probably did just that . . . not me . . . I shot and shot, but still could not better my score from last time . . .

Here is a comparison from the young vs old & cap vs flint, see how your score changed, mine got worse :cursing:
Picture17-1.png

Also interesting, is that all the flinter's, who also shot cap, shot better with their cap gun . . . in this match.

Maven shot a smoothbore trade gun for the flint team and Danscottgerm shot with his Bess. No rear sights might have made some difference too.
BTW, both of those guys shot very respectable groups :hatsoff: , just a bit off center.
I'm sure some members only shot one target, I was one of 'em.

I shoulda shot a capgun target too... and aimed at the corners. :haha: :blah:

One good thing about sending in your best target, it get's folks out shootin' more. :thumbsup:

I think everyone is a winner!! Thanks Jethro and Diesel for taking the time to put it together, it was a good time.
Mark

I guess mine didn't get to you on time. Well, got no one to blame but myself. Sorry, team mates.

Nope. I posted all of 'em that I got. And it was late last night when I went and checked the box. :surrender:

Damn guys, we all better get practicing for a rematch next year. No way should those percusion guns beat us. :bull:

A very heartfelt thank you to the captains of both teams for donateing your time for this match. And I was one of those people who only shot the one target, I wish I could have shot more..........................watch yer top knot..............

my average was killed by a bad first shot...but hey, I haven't been shooting for very long, and only been shooting black powder for about 2 months, so all in all, not too bad :)

Mike Brines said:
I know I was down the list a lot, but I outshot Jethro!! :blah:

:yakyak: Just wait 'til next time.

Maybe I'll be sighted in better by then... and the sun won't be in my eyes... and the wind won't blow so hard... and...
:haha:

I shoulda shot a capgun target too... and aimed at the corners. :haha: :blah:

I was wondering about the ones that shot both :hmm:

I guess all the flinters could have sent blank sheets of paper with x's in the middle and marked em cap gun. Nah well just beat em fair and square next time. I got Dutch Schoultz's paper sitting right here, I think I will finally read it.

Congrats to the cappers. :thumbsup:

T.O. said:
I got Dutch Schoultz's paper sitting right here, I think I will finally read it.

It's a good read! I still need to make and try his "dry patch", but to sum it all up in ONE word, it is "CONSISTENCY" :grin:

Guess the pony express didn't get my target there in time... or at all. :surrender:

Jethro,
Lemme know if it ever gets delivered.....

Well, I just never got the chance to get back out and shoot the percussion target which I'd also signed up for. If I had I'd have been on the winning team no matter what. No matter; it was lots of fun.

Any more targets that find there way here I will measure and post them... unofficially, just so you all know how you did.

:idunno: The U.S.P.S. hasn't been real reliable here lately.

I had a great time with this one, thanks for putting this on guys :thumbsup:

Back