• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock vs Percussion ends Sept. 30, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
I guess I'd better get this one started and out of the way before the Aliens Attack on September 30th :shocked2: , so here's the official rules I promised.

123.DieselBenz had the idea to do a flint vs percussion contest and I thought it sounded like fun. Like I said in the sneak preview, the rules are similar to the old guy vs young guy contest. Except it's flint vs cap. And you can even shoot for both teams! It's all for fun, so join in and have fun.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms are allowed. Use a smoothbore, or a rifle, or a muzzleloading handgun(NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 25 yards.(Standing or seated)

One target entry per team / per member.

3 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 3 holes will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The target is a standard sheet of printer paper with an X drawn thru the center corner-to-corner.

Shots will be measured from the center of the hole to the center of the paper. The center of the paper will be determined by the judge (team captain).

Each team captain will measure his teams shots and record the scores. Judges decisions are final. At the end of the contest the winning team will be decided by the AVERAGE SCORE for all shooters from each team. Each members score will be posted along with his teams average.

Take your best shots.

Write your screen name and ignition style on your target.

The contest runs thru September, 2011.

Mail your target to your respective team captain in time that it will be received by September 30, 2011.

Captain of the Flintlock team;
Jethro224

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Captain of the Caplocks team;

123.DieselBenz

Shawn T Waldmann
1032 E Irene Circle
Sunsites, AZ. 85625

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Alright! All you precision percussion pioneers, step right up, and sign up for our team of the caplocks.

We know those finicky flinters will be flinching! :rotf: :blah:

I'm your team Captian, stand with me and let's show those rock crushers who can really shoot!

I'm In and shooting both! great excuse to burn some powder..shooting a .58 persuction .62 flint... Make good smoke boy's :v

Count me in also, will definitely shoot flint. Need an excuse to beat more rocks against steel anyway--since I was accused of being civilized a couple days ago by people who should really know better.

I'm in...Cap lock. "Standing or Seated" Does that also include Kneeling or is that excluded??

I'll be shooting a caplock captain. And by the way lonegun I don't think anybody here thinks you're civilized....................watch yer top knot.............

I'll shoot for the cappers. Hopefully I'll be able to get my .45 TC Hawken ready to shoot it in this competition. :thumbsup:

Vtsmoker said:
I'm in...Cap lock. "Standing or Seated" Does that also include Kneeling or is that excluded??

Offhand standing with both feet (pegs?) on the ground or sitting on both cheeks only. No resting your elbows on knees or chair arms or whatever. :nono:
Kneeling is excluded, but you can sit on the ground, a chair, a bench, or whatever. Just keep your knees down and shoot offhand. :thumbsup:

That's great seven (7) capslapper's signed so far!

I'd like to see us break the forty (40) mark for the total match!

I'm on the road driving my truck, so when I get home Sat I'll compile a list of my team.

So all you caplock shooters get out there and start smoking!

I'll shoot flint..........maybe smoothie too...it'll be on my way to pick up alien target anyway...... :wink:

RC said:
I'll shoot flint..........maybe smoothie too...it'll be on my way to pick up alien target anyway...... :wink:
ummm :redface: meant..shooting the flint smoothie only...no rifle this time..........course I duz got that stroh adirondack 50................ :hmm:

PaulN/KS said:
I'll try to double my chances and shoot both...

This way you'll be sure to be on the winning side! :rotf:

Actually everyone who participates is a winner, it just good to get out and make some clouds!

Back