• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock vent liners in the 18th century??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guns like Pukka's late double could only by bought by the wealthy and if the buyer was a keen shot then he had lots of leasure & connections to shoot extensively like Col Hawker did . Then the Gamekeeper always having a closer link than other servants very often was given the out of style gun & he used them to death in every day use in all weathers .' His Nibs' had to play his part with the formality expected, but the Keeper was often a one to one confidant and he could relax much of the expected formality .I recall one Lordly owner tell his Keeper "I don't care what you wear or when you go to town ,So long as thiers plenty of birds & you Look like a keeper on shoot days" he bought his tweeds & breaks annually . and this was the way it was . ,I once asked the Keeper of a Duke did he referred to the boss as ' his Nibs' or' Your Grace' he said it was always ' Your Grace' . I was selling a very expensive gun to the Duke yet he left the transaction totally to the Keepers judgment . I don't normally mix with Lords & Dukes . But I did go beating for the Tenth Duke of Marlborough in the cold winter of 1963 his grace shot with a pair Woodward's never taking his eye off the on coming birds , a loader taking the fired gun and passing the other now reloaded in a fluid motion . My old mate when he was Keeper once loaded for the Prince of Wales . My only days on such estates where the last shoot of the year when the Beaters got a day with a view to clearing out the remaining Pheasants . We all used muzzle loaders & I shot flint .
Rudyard

Dear Pukka You got it Cocks only so they cant teach next years their crafty habits '. Chooks' really Ide sooner have a good day on 'Woodies' their the finest game bird in UK.
Cheers Rudyard

PUKKA B. With last year's Wild J ICEUP and this years LOCK DOWN there is going to be a Woody bonanzer by Autumn here. Four pairs nesting in my tiny patch so sitting at the bathroom window at dawn on Magpie patrol.. OLD DOG.

Latest posts

Back