• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock Slow Mo and lagged ignition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to a black powder shoot and this prairie walk was part of the shooting.
This shooter is a very good one, about 99% of the time. His trusty rifle had a hick up and produced a considerable delay in ignition.
Thought I would share. (turn your volume up)
Larry

Great flintlock nerves! You're committed, hang in there till she goes, or it has been long enough she ain't going to. I would have been a foot off target. Where did the ball wind up?

YUP -- follow threw is the key with a flintlock :ghostly: :thumb:

Great flintlock nerves! You're committed, hang in there till she goes, or it has been long enough she ain't going to. I would have been a foot off target. Where did the ball wind up?
I expanded the video and saw splatter off the 2nd target from right.

i am 64 and have been a hunter and woodsman all my life in SC, i shoot a lot of handguns and am not lacking when it comes to accuracy with one. i do not flinch! i have been a handloader for 54 years. and a boolit caster for 40 years, and a self taught gunsmith for many years. i started with flintlocks about 20 years ago. i flinched bad with one no doubt! but i trained myself to count to 3 before i move after the trigger is pulled. of course the gun goes off before you ever get one out of your brain. but it helped me a lot. now i don't think about it, i just shoot, most of the time with no flinch, maybe that trick can help another shooter,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back